Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NO TURN SIGNALS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big k5, Dec 21, 2003.

1. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

Please help my 84 k5 has lost it's turn signals.I have checked the obvious fuses,turn signal (relay ?) that plugs into the fuse box.I'm not sure where to look next.It has that turn signal switch with the wipers,cruise control ect. on it. I don't know if it makes a difference but my 4 ways do work. I'm tired of using hand signals,because i don't think people know what they are nowdays.

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

More then likely it is the turn signal switch..(plastic thing in column that the turn signal lever attaches to..) they are easy to change ...Good luck

3. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    I have a 84' to so its the same. does the 4-ways work? if not try replacing the flasher (a couple dollars at autozone) if you know it isnt that, look in the column like no smog said, but when you take the steering wheel off there is a lock plate back there, go get a lock plate remover (autozone agian) DONT TRY TO PRY IT OFF it will bend the plate. if you use the tool it will only take a few seconds, once you get in the column you can tell how things work. Good Luck /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The lock plate remover is a loaner tool from Autozone.

5. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

thanks guys for the replies.i'll definitly check out the turn signal switch as soon as i can find the time.