Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No upshift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Calclips, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    no upshift in my 700r4, why? I've replaced the governor and it still does it. The tranny didn't slip at all before it quit shifting... it just quit shifting one day.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I'm no expert on this.... Mine was having major issues upshifting (went into 2nd around 35-40) and I thought that it might be the T.V. cable, so I adjusted it, broke it /forums/images/icons/mad.gif , and replaced it /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . Still had the same problem. I talked to a transmission shop and they said that it was the throttle valve itself and that it probably got gummed up with metal particles from wear in the clutches. I'll be working on cleaning/replacing the throttle valve this weekend, I'll let you know how that goes. Does your truck jump really hard when you first put it in gear? Have you tried flooring it and riding out first gear as long as you dare, that is/was the only way that mine would shift... but it would shift.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Yeah, it'll jump when I put it into gear. I've rode out 1st gear until like 4500 rpm, but I don't really wanna take it higher than that. I've heard from a couple of people that the valve body could be all gummed up, I replaced the governor on mine and it shifted for a little while and did the same thing again.