Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no voltage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Marshall, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

i was driving around last night and when i turned my lights on and then all the sudden when i would come to a stop my voltage would drop really low and the truck would end up stalling, the voltage seems to get lower when even the blinkers are on also, i am not sure whats goin on but how could i fix this problem, anyone?

Thanks, Marshall

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

check the voltage to the battery from the alternator...how does it crank? slow?

3. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

um i dunno it takes like 3-4 seconds to start how do i check from the alternator to the battery?

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

get a voltmeter, start the truck and check how many volts the battery has at idle...before you do that check how many volts the battery has when the truck is off, then check how many volts at like 2200rpms...should be about 13-14 or so when charging..

5. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

ya i checked standalone batt. power is 12.77 volts and from alternator to battery it is 14.35 volts. so i guess i am fine? let me know.

Thanks, Marshall

6. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

check to see if you have a lose wire off your starter. Mine did the samething and I had a wire come off my starter.