Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No work today........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well I'm snowed it at the house after the big storm hit yesterday/last night. All the roads around here are in real bad shape. It took me two extra hours to get home last night after I got ran off the road into a ditch. After I was pulled out and back on my way the visibility sucked ass and I was only doing 25-30 mph. My wipers kept on freezing up and I would have to stop in the middle of the road to brake the ice off of them to get the to work again. All I could do was keep focused on the tire tracks in front of me to stay on the road.
    Sucks I'm sitting at home not making money, but it's better than being out in that crap right now, fock that............

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

glad you made it home safely. I feel sorry for your wife having to put up with you all day though.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats OK I feel sorry for your wife period. She must be one hell of a women to deal with your ass..........

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We got just shy of two feet of snow over this past week...and now it is the big melt as temps are climbing back to normal. The main roads are OK, but the side streets are an absolute disaster still. The plow truck finally got our street a week later. :doah:

Rene

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I just hope it's all cleared up by Monday so that I don't lose any more time. With the holidays rapidly approaching now is not the time to be getting smaller paychecks. Even if I could make it to work it wouldn't matter since everything is shut down...........

6. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I get paid if I'm here or not, and of course I'm one of two here. Unfortunatly I rode with the other guy and he wont leave. I'd much rather be sitting at home right now.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Took my wife to work yesterday in the K10. We had about 1.5" thick sheet of ice covered by snow. Lot of folks off in the ditch or wrecked. Saw a concrete median that was peeled up and over on one side. Offered to help a gentleman in a Ford Contour who was stuck in a ditch up to his windows. He had his cell out and declined saying he was just fine. :D On the way back we had fog so thick I was scared to try and pull out on the highway from a side road. Ended up using the shoulder to get my speed up then merge. Spooky.

Funny thing is people still drive as if they were on a dry paved road. :rolleyes:

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, I almost froze this morning. It was 43 degrees. [​IMG]

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

43?

Let me get out my willow switch. :D

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If that wasn't aggravating enough, the sun has been out all day and its bright.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

By God I knew this would be a topic of conversation around these parts and do I have some ranting and raving about it...........................

Just got home from dropping the wife at the airport early this morning. ****ing Texas. They can fight for independence, but Heaven forbid if a couple of snowflakes hit the ground.....................

Wanted to hit Best Buy last night to do some scouting on some computer products. Saw the sign, holiday hours 10-10. We get there at 7:30. Walk through the front door, some guy says, "sorry sir, we're closed due to the weather." As we walk out, I mutter something about never coming back and drop the terms of female anatomy in reference to Texas.

You see, once we hit Amarillo, the freaking streets were wrecked. They had all day to deal with it and when I left town this morning, I was still driving on solid ice for most of the way. Don't even get me started on I-27. Frigging place was like a graveyard with all the cars that ran off the road. Doesn't surprise me though, there's a gaggle of non-driving ****s running around with Texas tags around there anyway. At least most Coloradans are consistent in that type of weather, they drive like they are going for the win at Daytona or some such crap.

But I do feel for ya though, being in that part of the state is kind of like being in Texas. I called the state agency yesterday in charge of certificiation yesterday, and they are headquartered in Ada. "Sorry sir, the person who can help you with that isn't in today, we're shut down due to the weather." Well **** around..............................

Now since I've probably offended almost every state (excluding Kansas, poor bastards have to live with living in that God awful state, so I show them mercy:haha:), feel free to send me some hate and discontent back my way...............:D

12. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

We only treat customers like that and drive like that when Okie's are arround,,,Ya'll come back when ya' can't stay so long,,,Ya' hear....

BTW,,,is driving thru your postage stamp sized state at triple digits bad ?????
    Don't you guy's have any cops up there,,besides you ??

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's only bad when you get caught. Most people though can use the excuse "the scenery is so ****ing boring" and we'll let them go................

Not really, but you should try it some time

:D :D :D

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i drove down to texas dooing 55+ the whole way, as long as you know how to drive in the snow, its fine, the people that have no clue, and drive 25 because there is a little snow on the ground are the ones who make it more dangerous for everyone else.

15. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

.........It was 67 here this morning and drizzly, cleared right up, got to 75, now tomorrow it aint even gonna make it outta the 50's and its gonna be 35 in the mornin :rolleyes: