Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nobody wants my Burb?Lower price of 6K now ! or a K5 trade

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 10, 2002.

I still have my Burb with all the goodies, 3/4 ton axles, 4:88's, 12" lift, 38" Radials. $6000 or a rust free K5 as a trade ! I dropped it $1900 bucks from what I was asking.
    <br>

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone interested in an 88 lifted Burbn\' 4x4?

Right now I can get an 82 4x4 3/4 ton (no lift), New rebuilt engine and trans, New paint, New interior, Everything works including Air. Has major rack on top. I can get it for $4000. So maybe you are a little high?

2. Re: Anyone interested in an 88 lifted Burbn\' 4x4?

I have seen some good deals out there myself, but none have compared to what I have in my truck. Just finding a rust free one with low miles is hard nowadays. I just went over 104K miles last week on the Burb. 4:88 gears installed ain't cheap either, plus a million other little goodies. 1988 !! TBI !! Flowmasters !! Cowl Hood !! daul stabilizer !! Superwinch hubs !! 12" lift !! 4 core radiator !! Lund visor !! 7 ---6" lights and Carr light bar !! Smitty bumper and nerfs !! ZR1 vette style roll pan, 38's and Bart Supertruckers !!

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well that beats the heck out of the stocker I'm buying. Sounds like you've invested quite a bit of money in it. Should be a good deal for someone...

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'd just like to add that my dream Burb isn't as sweet as yours!! On the other hand, I'm quite certain it wouldn't pass Colorado emissions. Otherwise, I'd love to have it!!

Mark
    aka BurbLover

5. Re: Anyone interested in an 88 lifted Burbn\' 4x4?

Other than it missing the cats I think it would pass fine !! 104K original miles and not burning any oil !! Hell it would pass the actual VET unless they look for components, ie. cats !!! I have thought about getting some high-flo's but I like the flow like it is !! Thanks for the comment though, the Burb ain't perfect, but she is my baby !!

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've seen your burb in pictures, and its deffinately a sweet rig. as for cats, you could do what my brother did with his... knock all the internal crap out, and put them up. not exactly legal, but at least you pass ( unless they actually check the cats internaly)

Good luck selling it, I'd love to buy it, but alas, I don't have the loots to do that....

on another note, out here in AZ, nothing ever rusts.... ever. there are plenty of rust free vehicles out here, and its just as common to see an early 60 chevy as it is to see a mid 70's to late 80's truck driving around.

-Rich

7. Re: Anyone interested in an 88 lifted Burbn\' 4x4?

Thanks for the comments !! I found alot of rust free trucks in TX too, sucks being up in the rust belt again !!

8. Lowered Price on 88 Burbn\' 4x4

Lowered my price to $6800 !!

9. Lowered Price on 88 Burbn\' 4x4 $6000 or trade

I still have the burb if anyone is insterested in it. I have it parked right now cuz I have lost all interest in it. Waiting for a sale or a trade for a K5. Asking $6000 now !! You're not gonna find a better deal on a rust free, low mileage Burb Burb !!

10. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

Re: Lowered Price on 88 Burbn\' 4x4 $6000 or trade

Darn it!! The 'wish' hand still isn't filling up as fast as the other one... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif The interest is there, the $$ is not /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Jon

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: Lowered Price on 88 Burbn\' 4x4 $6000 or trade

Too bad you weren't a local................I'd work out something, like me putting my suspension/axles under your rig and you could have my Blazer with its TPI406............. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Re: Lowered Price on 88 Burbn\' 4x4 $6000 or trade

I hear you all !!! I wished and wished and got the Burb !! Now I wish I wish for a K5 !!

13. Re: Lowered Price on 88 Burbn\' 4x4 $6000 or trade

That would be interesting !! It's always an issue of distance !! I have had a ton of offers, but they are all at the other side of the globe.

14. Back to the Top !!! Just fishing for any offers before I put it in the local paper !! 6K or a K5 trade !!!