Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Noise and vibration coming from front end ? UPDATED

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TxK5Blazer, May 8, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

When I brake I have a popping kind of noise coming from front end. I also have a vibration while driving at hwy speeds. The vibration is in the stearing wheel so I assume it is in the front end. Could the cause of both these problems be from the same thing? All Help will be appreciated......Jason

I assumed the noise was coming from the front end with the steering wheel vibrating well Saturday I slung the rear drive shaft at 65mph Not sure why the u joints in there were a month old. Does the rear axle have keepers on the yoke where there u joint sits? If so mine doesn't so when I put the new ujoints in and the new straps and bolts cause the other ones got real *#@!%^$ up if you know what I mean. I put the little keepers on the u joint this time and torqued them down so lets see if they hold this time Oh and vibration is gone....Strange thing ......Jason

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: Noise and vibration coming from front end ?

how are your front bearings? sounds like a rotational problem, ie something that moves around, bearings, brakes, axles etc, id say start pokin around pull the wheels and check out the brakes and the bearings, make sure the springs are tight..? just my .02

3. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Check to make sure all of your lugs are tight and are seated properly. Could have a bent wheel that keeps vibrating the lug nuts loose.

4. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

all is tight posted a update