Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NOISE FROM THE WHEELS?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JORGE, May 5, 2002.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Hello friends,
    Like you knows better the Blazer,i want to make to you one quetion.Are the Blazer prone to make noise in his rear ?I have an 88 custom de luxe,wich hasn,t bed panels,and neither wheel husing trim covers,it has the body nude.Well,when i get the 75 mph in road,it starts to sound an annoying noise.It cames from the rear axle.I was thinking maybe it can to be the differential,or some bearing.But i,ve been reading other posts and i,m start to think to maybe it can to be,a noise from the tires.It has a Yokohama 33x12.50 tires.Coul it be to find any way to stopping the noise with some kind of noise barrier(Panel,spray film etc..)
    Thanks.

2. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

Nobody has this problem?
    Well i must to be the one and only.
    I,ve forgott to make other question.Hasn,t Any blazer rear wheel housing plastic covers(,for protect it from the Mud,stones ,noises) in the wheel side?Neither the Silverado?
    It,s very annoying sound when the stones and the mud hit the housing...
    Thanks.

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

last time i was driving and heard a clunking noise it ended up being my gov lok in my rear axle destroying itself...you might want to pull the cover and check the condition of the differential

Later

4. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

Hi, Rebel.
    This is not a "Clank,clank" noise , is something like"FUUuuUUuu.." it starts when i pass to 75mph or so.I don,t know if it could to be a noise from the tire,cause the insulation is almost nonexistent in the Custom deluxe bed sides sides, or from axle bearing or maybe the diferential.
    Is not a strong sound ,but is very annoying.

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Could be a U joint wearing out, or the Gov Lok whining. You say that it is at 75 mph+, it could be tires, gears, u joints, or just about anything. The easy fix is to slow down /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.