Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Noise Levels?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I pulled up my carpet to look at the floor boards in my truck and from what i looked at I just had some bubbling of the paint in some spots, I think I am going to pull up my carpet, sound deadener, etc. grind down those spots and put a roll on bedliner on my floor. What I am wondering is should I reinstall the carpet etc, due to the fact it will be excessivly loud. Keep in mine I have a 6.2 which is never quiet. If anyone has done this, could you tell me what works best. Thanks.

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

anyone?

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have hear that the bedlined acts as insulation but dont take my word for it, i would do the lined take it for a test drive and see if it is to loud, if not leave it and if it gets to loud but the carpet and stuff back in /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Last winter my dad and I took everything from the back of the jimmy out because we were going to replace the back part of the floor. I still don't have the carpet/insulation and I noticed a medium difference with noise. I don't have bedliner though /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I put that bubble wrap stuff you use for shipping stuff on the floor of my 79 C10,I had a roll 3 feet wide hanging around,so I did the whole cab,put it between the jute pad and the carpet so it wouldnt cause condensation and more rust.It seems to help quiet it down alot,and I noticed the heater works ALOT better in the cold weather. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I put that bubble wrap stuff you use for shipping stuff on the floor of my 79 C10,I had a roll 3 feet wide hanging around,so I did the whole cab,put it between the jute pad and the carpet so it wouldnt cause condensation and more rust.It seems to help quiet it down alot,and I noticed the heater works ALOT better in the cold weather. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do you here popping everytim you load anything in the back????

To answer your question about the carpet I would say it really matters what you plan to do with your rig. Do you plan tto fill it full of mud or greasy parts, thenI would say no to the carpet. If you plan on using it as you daily driver and would like creature comfort, then yes, put the carpet back in.

Nash

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well there it is, I take it muddin, but dont ever really bury the thing in huge pits, but it is my work truck around the farm. Yet it is also my daily driver. I think I am going to bedline it and see how i like it for a few weeks before i decide on carpet.