Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Noise Toys.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Z3PR, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Love'em or hate'em ???? I've got a wolf howling and a toilet flushing. Also have a doorbell chime in when I key my mike, and a rodger beep. I can shut all mine off, or go on 19 and be very annoying !!!!!!! Anybody else have any noise toys ????

2. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I've just got the roger beep built into my radio and that's all.. I never use it, even on SSB.

For the most part I hate all noise toys, echo, robot talk, most of the wacky ETS (end transmission signals), etc... Once in a very rare while they can be funny when used very little.

I think *all* noise toy junk should *never* be used on SSB save for *possibly* a simple beep to help stations that can't hear you well tell when you're transmitting or not...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

On SSB I shut them all off. I usely use the noise toys to annnoy the crybabys on 19. Someone will start complaining about someones toys, and I'll start pushing buttons. But only on the crybabys. I do usely have my ping (doordell) and rodger beep on whenever I'm on AM. It's very distinktive. I do like alittle echo as long as it's not over driven, I have the robot voice and voice changer, but I've never used them I'm running a Galaxy 99.

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Those damn noise toys. When I here those damn things I wanna jam their radio right up their a$$. Roger beep is bad enough. I cant even stand it when someone puts to much echo in the box. That just me though.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya, very seldom do I push a button for a noise toy, but sometimes it's fun to annoy someone with them. I don't like it either when the echo is overdriven. I just have a hint of it. I want everyone to understand what I'm saying.

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I feel ya...

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't touch me there.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

LOL

9. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status