Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

noises coming from hub in 4x4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jan 16, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my firends 87 k5 seems to be making really loud squeaking sounds coming from the front hub, and pulls to the side, only when in 4x4 he says. any one got any ideas?

2. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

preventative maintenance.... light lubrication is a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I would pull that apart and see what is really going on inside there! Could be bad bearing??????? Dunno til you inspect the damage if there is damage????????????
    Bill

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats what i told him it might be but we went through is bearings not to long ago,but ya never know, i also mentioned it might be the u-joint on the axle shaft. its to cold to fart around with it right now though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Awh! Go get turbo heater and get to work /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif! J/K! I don't like to smack my knuckles when it's cold either /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!
    Bill

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i gatta do something cause all my trucks are falling apart in front of my face and its to cold to do nothing. my s-10 has a broken coil in the front and thats gatta get replaced real quick, and i gatta swap a carb on my truck,(when i get it)