Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Noises

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Jan 13, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ok we went romping last nite and i noti ed some funny noises, well for one when i got over a steep hill i notice a coke can type crunching noise... its a fairly steep hill, needed 4 to get over it in low gear. My friends k5 made the same noise. And then after some romping i'd have the shifter in neutral and let the clutch out and itd make a clicky noise... but later on it wouldnt do it... weird and two days ago trying to start it it made a grinding noise andi tried again and it starts rght up, its done that before but always starts up

87 Custom Deluxe
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    4.56 , 35" BFG Muds, Series 40 delta flow 3" tips
    Coming Soon: Suspension Work, Eaton Posi, More Exhuast work.

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

The coke can cruching noise might be the fan hitting the shroud, mine did it all the time cuz it had bad mounts in it until I put the energy suspention body mounts in and changed the shroud (what was left of it).

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

3. k5'er

k5'er Registered Member

my blazer makes a grinding noise when i start it sometimes, but then i try again and it starts. i thought it was the flywheel or something but someone told me it could be the starter. im not sure yet, havent had the time to check it out.

Mud! Its cool!

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

The grindinig is probably the starter sticking. if it gets a lot of crap and mud in the kick out gear it wont kick out all the way. the first time will clean it and the second time it will start. it will kill the starter eventually. at least thats what it was on mine. hope this helps
    nathan