Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Noisy Injectors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Oct 31, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

How much sound should the injectors on my TBI make? I've never noticed them before but today when I was tightening up my collectors I noticed them. I took the air cleaner off and the spray looked normal. So should this be cause for alarm? I've been getting a code 44 and after tightening up the colectors I still got the code.

TIA,
    James

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I HEAR noisy injectors mean they are going out. However, mine have been noisy for the last two years. Then again, I have Holley's injectors.

I have also HEARD when they get loud it is becuase the fuel pressure is high. I am running 12 lbs pressure at the TBI.

what year TBI system are you runnning?

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

It Is a 91 Factory. I just replaced the fuel pump so could that mean by what you "hear" it could be something like the pressure regulator.

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

All I can regurgitate (from the other boards) is when the TBI's run higher pressure the injectors tick. My injectors tick but I have an adjustable pressure regulator. I have it set at 12 lbs.

You might want to try some Fuel-injection cleaner. Many people recommend Berryman's B-12 Fuel-injection additive/clenaer. I run this in my Porsche. I haven't had a need to put this in my Blazer - yet. It might help me though. Not sure.

Other than that, again from the other boards, the peeps suggest the injectors are beginning to fail.

Sorry, I haven't had much more experience than what I have read. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Just curious ... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Are you talking about at idle? I took mine to the mountains yesterday for the first time in 3 years ... vibration/brake issues ... anyway while at interstate speed and climbing a steep hill ... I heard what sounded like a spark knock but sounded more like behind the dash. Only happened twice during a very steep and prolonged climb. Is this similar or do you hear anything while under load?

Thanks,

Backlash