Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NOLA people shooting at rescuers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Sep 1, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Two helicopters and a boat wite rescuers evactuating people have been SHOT at, stopping rescue efforts. Even a doctor had to stop the evacuation of a hospital when he came under sniper fire. This is out of control! Who in the hell thinks it's a good idea to SHOOT at rescuers and doctors?!??!?

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I know, the more I watch this the more surreal it becomes. Feels like I'm watching footage from a third world country.

I'm ready for them to send in a few Apaches and fire on anyone brandishing a firearm.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

In essence, it really is a 3rd world country right there, right now. Think about it, no running water, no food, no medical supplies, not near enough LEO's and/or military presence. Sounds like some parts of Central/South America that I have been to. Only underwater. :(

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'd give you my honest answer to that question, but that would expose the dark side of my personality, and probably get me an invite to the band...

...so I'll try to sanitize it.

The type of people who shoot at rescuers, and doctors, and all the others who are trying desperately and selflessly to provide the help they're screaming for, are precisely the type who deserve neither help nor rescue. They are likely the same people who are walking through waist-deep water with expensive clothes and electronics in their arms. They are the people who are trying to flip the boats that are trying to rescue them! They have shown themselves to be something less than human, something that deserves no pity, no mercy, no quarter...

5. 89GMCSuburban

Maybe I think darker...people like that should be left there.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I will be travelling armed. Departure got pushed off until tomorrow AM, wanna wish me happy hunting?

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Good luck man. Watch your back, I'm sure there are good people down there somewhere that need help, they're just not the ones we're seeing on TV.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I somewhat agree with you Shane, the only difference is their third world experience is only going to last a while, people in REAL third world countries have no future, no hope, no help in sight. They are supposed to be Americans, they should know better and behave better.

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Some reporter said it best. He said that during times of extreme crisis, a person's true nature reveals itself. I agree. I think those that are a complete POS are displaying it in spades. But, for every case of complete disregard for their fellow human beings, there will be an example of total compassion, selfless sacrifice, and service. When this is over, there will be stories from one extreme end of the spectrum to the other. They need to declare martial law in New Orleans though. I don't think they've done it there yet, but they should.

10. 89GMCSuburban

Man, good luck! Be safe out there, especially when you have jackasses trying to shoot at you when you are helping them.

This is EXACTLY why I would not help with my own vehicle. Who knows what person would kill me for the Burb while I'm trying to help.

11. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

This looks like what happened in the movie " Escape from New York" No one can get in or out. They national guard and the marines need to go in there and blast those ****ers away. If they are not grateful enough for someone helping them then the hell with them.

12. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

We have 2 guys from our PD that were informed today that their Gaurd unit is being activated to head down there. Thing is they just got back from Iraq a couple of months ago. The one I talked to today said the sad part is he may have a better chance of having to kill someone down there than he did doing his job in Iraq. :angry1: What the hell is wrong with these animals? (not even going to classify them as humans).

13. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Updated

I read today on Yahoo their sending the carrier Truman, an amphiboius assualt ship and a SEAL dive team along with the other ships deployed yesterday. Also starting U2 flights to map the area.

Just updated-"a brigade-sized force most likely to be from the 82nd Airborne Division"

Here's the link

Link

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I totally agree with your statement. Mine was directed at the immediate physical conditions of the area, not the mental conditions of the idiots swimming around down there looting and causing trouble. Where are the hungry carnivorous aquatic creatures when you need them?

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

This might be evolutionary regression in front of our very eyes. They look like large sewer dwelling rats to me. As such, they should be exterminated.

16. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Agree.... These "residents" have not had years of hardship to taint their personalities. They were just looking for an excuse to act out their true natures. The depravity of the residents is seemingly bottomless.
    I have another post in here trying to somewhat rationalize their actions, to a point. Having been homeless at one point in my life, I have a little different take on their situation. But, when murder and psycotic behavior become the norm it can no longer be blamed on anything but wretchedness of the individual. I loath these people we are seeing and hearing about. I have been to the point where I had nothing, no money, no job, no family I could ask for help, literally nothing that I couldn't carry in a small bag. I never even thought about the things these people are doing.
    Thay should be eliminated so they produce no offspring to carry their evil into another generation.
    I am actually feeling physically ill over this.