Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Non A/C blower motor resister

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by backyardbuilt, Dec 10, 2005.

1. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Looking for a blower motor resister for a 79 blazer without a/c it has three prongs the plug fits on and it has 2 small screws holding it into the heater box next to the blower motor. Here are 2 pics of the one I need. I could get it new for 20$ but they don't show pictures and there's 5 different ones for non a/c that I saw!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i got a nice red one i yanked out of a pontiac i think it is the same good shape.

what is the diff. between the ac and non ac ones? the fan speeds are the same no?

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Nope. The AC ones are totally different. For whatever reason. Not sure why, but they are. Where did you see 5 different ones. They vary over the years, again, for reasons unbeknownst to me, but there is only 1 for you. Those parts stores usally just lump them all together. That's why I hate parts stores. Classicindustires and LMC truck list what you want. Both $16.95. And both those places *usally* send real gm parts anyway for this kind of stuff.
    Or, I can't read the full part number on that thing in your picture, by if you can, try typing into gmpartsdirect.com. My GM parts book for 1979 lists 9796480 as the correct number, but it's been superceded, and I don't know by what, but any dealer could tell you.

4. backyardbuilt

Classic lists atleast 4 non a/c versions thru the 73-91 years, heavy duty type heaters which I don't have a clue how you know if you have that or not is the main difference. 2 of them are just listed non a/c I guess I'll have to go to (LMC) there show room 7 miles is close enough just not open when I'm free! I have an 81 model a/c one here and the plastic piece is a diamond shape not like the square one pictured!

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

You have HD heat if you have the 4 prong resistor. So you don't have that.
    I know because I'm looking for the wire harness that connects to that thing. Hardly nobody ordered the HD option!
    Have you tried rockauto.com or carparts.com, they have pictures for most of their stuff.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i will check the ones i have in my garage and get back to you , get me shipping and it is yours.

if it work for you

7. backyardbuilt

Hadn't checked them yet, Darkshadow that sounds good, if you got one like that, just make sure niether spring is broke and check the pins good, mine are broke off I just stuck them in there for the pic!!

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ok i have it i took pic but the usb plug for my can is fubared real good.

the springs are shiny and the pins are only slightly rusty the plate though is a little longer than the standered chevy. like i said i think i grab this out of a pontiac. i think it will work worst case you may have to open the hole in the blower box a little.

9. backyardbuilt

Check shipping, do you have pay pal!

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sorry truck was stuck at work for a fw day till i could get a starter, why why do they ONLY go in the winter?

uh i am going to guess like 8 bucks to ship it in an envlope, PM addy and ill just send it

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

HEY HEY

i was digging through stuff in my truck and found a chevy one that is BRAND NEW, so i am going to open up the box and drop that one in it.

be there soon, also cheaper then i thought to send

12. backyardbuilt

Thats great, especially since it's 10 degrees right now with 2 inches of snow. And the plastic on the broke wing window keeps blowing off! But when your wheeling and having fun you don't notice too much!