Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

non-chevy 4x4 question (ford) 4-a friend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Aug 14, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i work with a guy who has a 93' ford explorer 4x4. the push button 4x4 switch lite does not lite up and the 4wd is not engaging. any body have any ideas that he can check before he has to spend some bling-bling and take it to the shop ? btw, thanks in advance from myself and in his behalf. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

check to see if the wire came unhooked from the solenoid /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

same with my friends X, let me know if you find the problem.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

first thing to check when something electrical doesnt work? the fuses...tell him to find the fuse for the 4x4 switch in his owners manual and check to see if its good..if it is..check to see if theres power going to the switch..if there is, check to see if power is coming out of the switch..if there isnt..get a switch, if there is..check for power at the solenoid on the t-case.. ill check at work tomorrow for what fuse it is in case he doesnt have a manual..

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

have you made any progress?

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

well i dont know exactly what he has accomplished, but on break at work, i managed to squeeze my ass under his explorer(god i love my lifted blazer) and check out the wires and all where connected. i didnt see any fraying either. the rest will be up to him. any other notes or comments that i can pass along will be greatly appreciated. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif