Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Non-Chevy:Experience with new Power Wagon?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DavidB, Oct 17, 2006.

1. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Anyone have or know anyone that has one?

2. jdemaris

jdemaris Registered Member

I'm not sure what you are looking for - military or civilian. I've got a 1969 3/4 W200 Power Wagon - complete - with 4.88 ratio axles. I took it off the road recently with no intentions of using it again. I've been driving it since the mid-70-s. Four speed trans, 318 V8, older transfer case from a 1964 Power Wagon, and a 71 GMC cab and GMC power-steering added years ago. It still runs fine but will not steer to the left. A New York State trooper ran into me in 1979 and the crash ruined the original Dodge cab.
    jdemaris@usadatanet.net Central New York State

3. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Thanks, but I was referring to the new ones. The 4x4 package with lockers and winch, etc.

4. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

seen one on a trail nearby. seems to work well offroad, but for as capable as it is, why would anyone go buy a brand new truck just to go offroad. seems like the wrong vehicle to put lockers in.

5. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If I were rich I would prolly have one to wheel but I would have to be rich cause Ill never give up my chevy for one.

There are three rich texas kids here at my school that drive them. they are all mall crawlers though. none of them have ever been put in 4 wheel drive and none of them know how to use the winch. 2 of them dont even know what lockers are.:eek1:

6. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

They came out in 04 might be getting affordable by now (used) thought about getting one (4 door) for towing/family/mild wheeling.