Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

non related 4x4 help needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLZN4FN, Mar 31, 2001.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Dec 19, 2000
    How do I find info on what options a car came with
    from the factory? Im thinking about buying a 1969 Camaro
    but dont know what factoy options it came with is
    there a book I can buy to trace the vin or is there web site out there?
    thank for any help.
  2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Feb 1, 2001
    As far as options go what you will need is the build sheet to see what it has. The vin will not give you info on options. Also there might be a metal plate under the hood with a bunch of letters and numbers on it that you can decode.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>
  3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Mar 17, 2001
    look under the rear seat,and above the gas tank,thats the place gm used to put the build sheets.chances are theyre gone.go to fbody.com ,thirdgen.org,or a number of others to find help.those 2 places are where i was told to look for the the build sheets,it may not be accurate.ive never looked myself,im allergic to restoration,hehe.both the sites i mentioned have forums for 1st gen cars.goodluck with it.i have tons of useless knowledge on restoration of early gm. i dont restore myself but ive done several for customers,and the guy that got me in the body repair business was a gm musclecar fanatic so a lot rubbed off.ill help any way i can just ask,if i dont know the answer ill say so, i dont b/s my way thru things if i cant answer ill try to help find it.p/m it to me tho so we dont take up k5 space.

86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.