Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

non-shameless INSANE RACING post, must read fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Sep 15, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Ok, seems after yelling for a year all the sudden when i give up, everyone decides to like the dang game /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I told you it was addictive, well, since it has gotten big so fast, we have newbies with questions, and lotsa new posts, maybe we should ask for a sticky err something, i have a few ideas, lets all vote and reply with thoughts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

and when this stops getting votes we can narrow it down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

An Insane forum would be sweet... I think I might try to make a truck, but apparantly it takes many many hours to do. Not sure if I hjave the time, but it seems like it would be fun. I really wish that I could find a legit copy of the game to buy, but everyone seems to be out of stock on it.

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I can try to make a page on my site here in the next few days with most of the needed information, such as router settings and download locations, etc, then maybe we can get a sticky post with a link.

4. uglychevyZZ4

ok, thats some cool responses! ok, we just need to beg steve for it now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Somehow I doubt that he will make a forum when only 2 people replied... It looks like people are dropping off the Insane bandwagon, it's only gonna be us hardcore guys left that have already been playing it forever. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyone want to do a game tonight? I propose a rousing game of jamboree on a map to be determined before the game starts, with a selection of cars to be approved before the game starts... Then maybe a game of demolition zone following the same idea, prechosen map and preapproved vehicles. That way everyone knows what vehicles they need to have before the game starts.

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me. Youre right though seems like people lost interest in the game all of a sudden. Let us know when were gonna play. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm sure as hell still interested! A couple of us played a game last night. I'm just trying to ration my time between Insane, CK5, and.................HOMEWORK! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...might be up for a game or two tonight and I can host again.

8. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I want to play, but don't have the game and don't know where to get it!

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I want to play, but I dont think my 350 mHz PII with an 8 mb video card can touch that game.

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'll bet if you really tame the graphics down it will work fine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Worth a try at least.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Actually it only calls for a 233mHz machine, but it's probably pretty slow. I think that you could play it.

So are we playin' or what?

12. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm still game, but the majority of my time is during the day, not evenings.

I've been teaching class all week and just noticed this thread, a forum would be nice...

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well I've got tons of ram, i'll try it.

14. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Somehow I doubt that he will make a forum when only 2 people replied... It looks like people are dropping off the Insane bandwagon, it's only gonna be us hardcore guys left that have already been playing it forever

[/ QUOTE ] no, more than 10 voted, there is like almo0st 20, hell, there isnt even 20 posts per month in some forums /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and as far as "lost interest" well, i have to take a break from it occasionally too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ok, so whos going to ask him? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I actually haven't played in 3 days, been too busy watching the Giants whoop on San Diego. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Has anyone tryed Gamespy for Insane? I was checking it out the other day, it's free and there's always a server up. We could just set up a permanant game name and password so when we want to play we could just go there.

16. uglychevyZZ4

cool you set it up and we'll follow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    non-shameless

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that make it Shame-full?

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    cool you set it up and we'll follow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I got it set up... Seems pretty cool but it's hard to try it by myself...

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I've got tons of ram, i'll try it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it wont work. I need a 3d capable video card and I don't have one.

20. uglychevyZZ4

is it ready yet? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif