Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NOOB needs advice on a possible buy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by google, May 19, 2005.

1. google

google 1/2 ton status

I am contimplating buying an 81 Blazer and I don't know what a good price is for it. It has no rear window, old tires, but good tred. 350 with 3000 miles since rebuild, all interior is crap, but exterior only needs a good sanding and some paint. No rust. 4x4 works great and tranny is fairly new and very strong. 400 auto tranny. Power steering, breaks, 4 wheel disk. Ex Utah Sheriff truck. New radiator, battery, and always used mobil 1 synthetic. That's about it. What would you pay for something like that?
    :confused:

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Any advice would be great.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

What is the asking price of the truck? Check your local classifieds for comparable trucks and their respective prices to give you an idea of what the market is in your area. Is it a private seller, lot, or auction?

Kris

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

It is an auction and there aren't any other in the AZ area that I have found as of now. Thanks for the reply

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

it would help to know how you plan on using the rig. For example, the vehicle you describe probably wouldnt be good to buy if you're looking for a daily driver... on the other hand, if you're looking for a trail rig it might be.

j

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

Well, I need a daily driver, but it will be a heavy used toy. I just lost my 2001 dodge ram with 4in lift and 36 in mudders. I had fun with it, but you really can't do much to it without a fortune. He only used it for wheeling, but i will use it for daily driver. I also have a 95 dodge caravan for my family, so it will be all mine.

7. google

google 1/2 ton status

It is auctioning at
    HTML:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6154&item=4550377327&rd=1
    if you want to take a look

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Did I miss something in the ebay description? I don't see where it has 4 wheel disc brakes.. :confused: I would also find it very unlikely.

I think the price is already gettin into the range of too much, in my opinion. 1000 bucks would probably be pushing it.. but if it's the only thing for sale in your area, I guess it could be justified.

It's going to take a lot of work and money to make it a DD as far as any creature comforts at all. I know in my area much better K5's can be had for that price range.

9. google

google 1/2 ton status

guy lives next to me. I talked to him and looked at it. Ebay discription is very poor, but truck is in good running condition. Just the interior sucks really bad.

10. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

In a nutshell, .... it's worth as much as you're willing to pay for it.