Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Noob zero rate spring question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uberbeans, Sep 29, 2006.

1. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

Take me to school: what is a zero-rate spring, and what are the benefits? I've seen them in discussion and don't know what they are.

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

It is a block that attaches to the bottom of your spring pack. It provides 1" of lift and can be used on either front or rear springs. They also allow you to move your axle 1.5" forward or back or leave it in the stock location.

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

I looked into those b4 I decided to get a full suspension lift with new springs all around. The one thing I was after was more weight capacity with a lift. with zero rate you dont get that. If your springs are worn, they will still be worn and saggy with a zero rate. I think moving the axles is a benefit and is probably why alot of ppl do that. If I was on a budget, id go with shackle flip b4 zero rates.

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

But it all depends on if you want 1" more lift or a total of 4" with a shackle flip.

Also with 0 rates if you have springs already, on a budget, and need a lil bit more lift, the 0 rate is perfect. Doesnt change the spring rate, change the ride, all it does is add lift and can keep axle in stock possition, or 1" or 1.5" forward/back.

I run 0rates in back with a shackle flip and a longer shackle to get 6" of lift and keep stock 56" springs for a soft ride. Works great.

5. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Oh I can understand why some ppl want/need the zero rates, they fit a niche where other equipment may not.

For me, it wasnt an option, but I realize the author was asking about them,

Sooooooooooooooo,

Ill leave it to the ppl that have them to answer. :D