Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nor cal big dawgs by laws

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chaz88K5, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i dont know if anyone has seen this or not in the pacific northwest club forem but i think it would be a great base to work off of:
    1. A truck needs to be a "full size" truck for it's owner to be a member. By-law
    2. All firearms to be unloaded and locked in the vehicle. By-law.
    3. Tread lightly will be a staple manner of conduct on our runs. By-law.
    4. No Drinking and driving & as with all state laws, it is our direction to not allow nor sanction drinking while 4 wheeling. Partying after the official run is over is recommended. By-law.
    5. Guest privileges all members are encouraged to invite non-members to participate in our runs, on an unlimited basis. This will reflect back on you, so choose your guests wisely. By-law
    6.Membership eligibility discussed what the criteria was to be for all members. It was voted on, and decided that you must be sponsored by a current member, participate in ONE run and then be voted in by the membership. All current local members and those expressing desire to be a part of this club will be grandfathered in for the first 90 days, with the beginning date being March 17. This is especially important for those members that are not close to Portland, such as folks from Hood River, Bend, etc. By-law.
    7. Safety issues after much discussion, we decided on keeping it simple off road permits, fire extinguisher and either a CB or FRS radio are required. All other items, such as shovel, tow strap, tow hooks, first aid, etc. are to be suggested items, and will be published by the President, using the OBH template as a starting point. By-law
    8.Attendance requirements to be considered an active member, you must participate in 2 meetings and 1 on a yearly basis. By-law.
    9.Decided upon a 3 attempt at an obstacle maximum before the strap/winch/back down comes into play, to keep the group moving. By-law.
    26.Trail bosses will be needed each and every run. By-law
    10.Never leave a member in the woods, look out for each other. By-law
    11.Kids are allowed, and in fact, encouraged to be present at all runs and club functions. By-law.
    12.CB channel 22 was chosen for the standard channel used for runs. FRS channel to be channel 7. If it becomes necessary to change due to heavy channel usage, that decision will be made at the beginning of the run. By-law.

#6 is kinda iffy...i think it would be a good idea to limit the amount of club members..and if they are not active in coming to runs or events sponsered by the club they should be bumped out type of thing..i dont know what the number is right now that are in the "club" but i would suggest a limit of around 50-75..somewhere in there would be about right..anymore than that it just gets stupidly complex when we try to plan a run..even less that 50 would be better..but if i remmember correctly we are already over that number...anyone have any input on this?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I kinda wanted us all to talk about somethings at Blazer-Fest.. I don't want what is happing up there to happen here..But I don't think it will for a few reasons..Dan /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

here's a link to the who we are page on the web site http://207.212.78.115/str8/ncbd/whoweare1.htm not so much the by-laws but more of what we do?
    any comments???
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif <font color="purple"> </font color>
    Tony

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey Tony!
    I like the differnt looks to our logo! Kinda cool the way you did that!!
    Comunication is the key to success!

5. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

thanks, the web site is almost finished. there was a big problem I had with the domain name register service I used.
    The issue is almost over and as soon as it is the site will be up. hmmmm maybe I should make a post of this info? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yes Please...Dan