Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NOR-CAL CARAVAN - Anyone Sending/Receiving parts ....READ THIS!!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Greg72, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

OK everyone,

There may still be 5 days 'til "MOAB".... but around here there's only 2 days before we leave!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

It's time to get the details confirmed and locked down. There have been a LOT of people contacting Tony and myself about parts delivery and I want everyone to see the current plan in case we've missed anyone, or there are any last minute additions.

I also want to clarify a few "rules" for the parts folks:

1. Make sure I have your address and phone number. If I get to your town and can't reach you, I can't get/give you parts.

2. If we are scheduled to meet at 9AM, you need to be there at 9AM! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif The caravan has a lot of miles to cover and we can't wait around for people...as much as we'd like to help you, if you're more than 15 minutes late....you're going to have to chase us down on the highway!!

3. In Moab - People receiving parts need to find us on Thursday night in camp. I don't want to have a trailerful of parts all weekend and then be stuck scrambling to find "owners" when it's time to leave.

4. We're not the bank. Please handle all the payment stuff seperately. I am not willing to deliver money, or collect money on anyone's behalf. We WILL accept contributions towards our gas expenses however! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As far as I can tell, this is the current itinerary (this will be edited as plans are locked down):

Tuesday, September 30th -

Depart San Jose 7PM.... Drive to Sacramento, CA
    Arrive ~ 10PM (Stay at IceMan's place)

<font color="green"> Pickups:

Parts from IceMan for BlazinAire</font>

Wednesday, October 1st -

Depart 7AM ..... Drive towards S.L.C.

Stop in Fernley, NV (around 8:30AM?) area meet MTBLAZER89 for tranny/203 for BadDog </font>

Continue to Salt Lake City, UT.

---&gt; Still looking for local CK5ers who want to meet for dinner, etc. Need recommendations on a place to park tow rigs and sleep

Thursday, October 2nd -

Depart SLC, UT ..... to Moab, UT. (Arrive ~ 3PM?)

<font color="green"> Deliveries:

Parts to BlazinAire and BadDog </font>

October 3rd, October 4th, October 5th...

WHEEL.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifWHEEL!...WHEEL !!.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifWHEEL....WHEEL!...WHEEL !!.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifWHEEL....WHEEL!...WHEEL !!.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifWHEEL....WHEEL!...WHEEL !!.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifWHEEL....WHEEL!...WHEEL !!.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifWHEEL....WHEEL!...WHEEL !!.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Depart Moab, UT - Monday, October 6th - /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Head to Spanish Fork, UT (~9AM?)

Axle from Fubeca</font>

Drive from Spanish Fork, UT to Elko, NV.....meet Dale (CK5 member "Thunder") for a little dinner and gracious hospitality!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Get some sleep. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tuesday, October 7th -

Depart Elko, NV - Heading towards Sacramento (~7AM?)
    Get Axle from Trevor (CK5)

Dropoffs:
    Anything for IceMan???</font>

Say "Goodbye" to our Bakersfield caravan buddy (Jason) and continue to San Jose.

Arrive back in town around ~6PM?

2. 73k5tony510

73k5tony510 Registered Member

sound good to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif...... /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.... /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds good Greg!

I was hoping you two were heading home on Monday since I have to and didn't want to drive all that way by myself /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Am I supposed to be giving you a 14b from Kenny for someone on your return trip?

5. Greg72

Aaron,

Nope. Kenny offered me one, but didn't realize I was looking for a Van-width.... you're off the hook! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

One small flaw in your time table.
    If you leave here at 7 am there is no way in hell you will be in Reno or Sparks by 8:30 am.
    You should count at least 2 hours if not 2 and half.
    so if you want to get there 8:30 leave at 6:30 and if he has to wait for you it will be less than 30 minutes.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    One small flaw in your time table.
    If you leave here at 7 am there is no way in hell you will be in Reno or Sparks by 8:30 am.
    You should count at least 2 hours if not 2 and half.
    so if you want to get there 8:30 leave at 6:30 and if he has to wait for you it will be less than 30 minutes.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So be it...!!!

I'll probably be too excited to sleep that long anyway... I figure you must get up pretty early for your job, so you can just kick us out the door when you need to and we should be able to make Reno at the 8:30AM target! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Couple things:
    You could come across Hwy 50 on the way down and have a lot of choices on places to crash in the desert for the night you were going to stay in Salt Lake.
    And: the only place I know to stay for cheap/free in the SLC area is actually in a gravel pit near Wendover (which makes it not near SLC but the road's really straight between them). We've used that gravel pit as the pit area for some desert races and it's off the highway enough to feel safe but not far enough to be a hassle to get to. You may want to try to get south of SLC, it just depends on how your day goes coming across nevada.

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well Greg
    I leave between 5:30 and 6:00am depending on how enthousiastic I am about the day ahead of me.
    But I can leave you a way out if you want to hang out a little more. Did it before with Zakk and Tony so I gues Tony knows the drill /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fernley is about 25 min east of Reno too. Exit 48 at McDonalds. See you guys in the morning. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Greg72

Oooops.....my bad. See you at McDonalds at 8:30AM!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i will be giving you a tailgate from my sonoma AT blazer bash. its for Shaggy.
    thanks.
    Grant

14. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg, I have had a crazy week and haven't been paying much attention. I sent you a PM, please give me a call if you have any questions, also I might be able to find a place for ya'll to stay or at least set up camp somewhere around SLC. Good luck on your trip and have fun in Moab -- I'm really starting to get jealous /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif