Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Norfolk area people

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by sandawgk5, Dec 6, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I am in San Diego and will be moving to the Norfolk area prolly Chesapeake or Suffolk. Can anyone tell me about the area. I have never been to that part of the country I grew up in Florida and moved to Cali. I am in the military that is the reason for the move. Anything you guys and gals can tell me is greatly appreciated. Also are there any good wheeling areas around there.

Thanks

Ira

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

lots of people from the states surrounding pa come to paragon offroad park..altho im not fimilar with that area ide assume their would be beaches to run on? anyway ill link you to paragons site since you might like to find your way up here (i live about 45 mins from paragon) www.paragonap.com hope this was atlest semi usefull ;D

3. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Hey welcome to the area.I live in Va. Beach(right next to Norfolk) and have lived here all my life.Not alot of places to wheel unless you go to Carolina(outer banks) or to the mountains.What kinda rig ya got?

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sweet! we'll have another rig in va:D

5. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

It's a nice area. We got it all here, except for legal wheeling. I've lived in Norfolk, but have been in Chesapeake for about 14 yrs now. Area has about 1.5 million people. Like most places some areas are better than others. When will you be heading this way and what are you planning on doing for housing?

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I will be arriving in the are early to mid June. We are looking to buy as we are selling our Condo out here in California. I want a real house with my own garage and someplace to park my trailer and K5.

Ira

7. bigtread

bigtread Registered Member

Welcome to the beach. Not much in wheeling locally, but there is Crozet approx. 4 hrs. from here. Great place to bash your big rig, I do mine. Paragon, Tellico, and some trails in the George Washington State Forest Park, travel to wheel is necessary, but you have a trailer so it,s all good.

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Nope no trailer I have realized I cannot afford one right now so I will be driving the K5 cross country with a SL2 dinghy towing.:o I will have a trailer and a towrig prolly within 1 year of moving. I have OD so I am not too concerned about driving distance to wheel as long as there is a place to camp. Basically make a weekend out of the trip. The wife and I are currently looking at schools for out daughter and that will be the major deciding factor of where we buy a house. Looks like the Chesapeake area so far.

I def am looking forward to getting out there I need a change from Cali:D .

Ira

9. bigtread

Have any of the CK5 people in the Tidewater ever given any thought to a greet and meet.
    I live in Va Bch and would certainly be up it.

10. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i did not know there was that many CK5 guys in the area i spent 2 and a half years out there at NSA NORTHWEST , im in NC right now but come down to visit friends every few months be down this weekend or next at chesapeake.

11. bigtread

From what I've read on CK5 there are a few.

12. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

there are quite a few of us richmond guys on here too...were just over an hour or so away...

13. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

Isle of wight

I live out near Chuckituck, that between smithfield and Suffolk. Working on my lift now hope to see you guys out on the road when I'm done.