Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"normal" knock sensor counts.......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coyle13, Jun 10, 2004.

1. coyle13

coyle13 Registered Member

\"normal\" knock sensor counts.......

I am trying to track down an intermittant loss of torque and power, and I think I have it narrowed down to the ESC system. I have an Autoxray scanner and was wondering what are the "normal" values associated with spark knock count? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Re: \"normal\" knock sensor counts.......

I think your not supposed to have a knock signal for more than 5 seconds. It is normal to have a knock, and the computer will even set a code for no knock signal at WOT. Well CK5 erased the educational post I had only a month ago on this subject with a plethera of info, we'll just have to repeat ourselves more.

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: \"normal\" knock sensor counts.......

i don't know about normal knock counts.. but I was getting a detonation sensor error... and i could feel the engine wasn't running right, some lack of power...
    Well i found the cause was the wire going down to the knock sensor rubbed up against the headers and melted the insulation, shorting the knock sensor wire... This threw the code and pulled a lot of timing out of the engine.