Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

normal operational temerature

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kiblsnbits, Mar 7, 2000.

1. Kiblsnbits

Kiblsnbits Registered Member

Today was the warmest day of the year here in Cincinnati, about 76, and my 83 was sitting in the sun all day. When I got out of school, I was driving home, and I noticed when I got home that I was running about 210 degrees on my aftermarket temp gauge. I was just wondering, is this normal, because I usually run from 180 to 190. Is this just because of the wheather? BTW I have a stock 350.

Blazer: A hole in the air, surrounded by metal, into which one pours money

2. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Looking at my Popular Mechanics CD-ROM that indicates the thermostat opening temp of 195 degrees farenheight, I'd say your okay. I have a 305 & that temp doesn't bother me much. In fact, I'd say if you don't get to that temp, you've got some other problems cause if temp doesn't get to the right level, combustion isn't complete & you end up w/ carbon build-up. That'll rob you of torque.

BTW, HOW 'BOUT THEM REDS! Easily, the team to beat in the National League with one trade-Griffey Jr comes home[​IMG]!

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>