Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

North Carolina / 88 Blazer - help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dj-beeker, Jun 7, 2002.

1. dj-beeker

dj-beeker Registered Member

Hello all,

I just purchased an 88' K-5 blazer and I am looking to put a 4" to 6" kit with 33" to 36" tires. ***Disclamer*** I don't know much about automobiles. I have been fixing minor odds and ends with my blazer - nothing serious. Will I be able to handle installing a lift kit by myself or am I going to need to have a garage do it? I live in Durham just south of south point mall.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to respond.

Thanks,

Jeremy

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

you wont need a garage you just need a few hand tools and a good jack and jackstands just find a good flat surface to work on i installed my first lift kit in my dirt driveway you will need to just follow the directions but then again who does? its not that hard to lift a 88 k5 dont be afraid to try it if you run into trouble just ask there are alot of good people on here that will be glad to offer advice or even offer to help if they are close by .

3. dj-beeker

4x4k20

What would you recommend for a kit especially a beginner kit? My knowledge of trucks is extremely limited. I have a socket set that I recently purchased but that is about it. Another problem I have is I really don't have a place to set my blazer long enough to work on it.

If I had to have someone from a garage do it - what do you think they would charge me?

Thanks for the help

Jeremy

4. dj-beeker

Anyone recommend a garage local to Durham/Raleigh that could install a lift kit for an '88 Blazer?

Thanks.

Jeremy

5. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

I know a guy in Jacksonville, about 1.5 hours from Raleigh that does awesome work. Was reasonable to when I was there. If you want I'll find the number.

6. dj-beeker

Sure! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeremy