Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

north east CK5 members.......are you up for another get together?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by milspecjimmy, Sep 23, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

back by popular demand, i am going to put together another meet for every one who wants to attend. last year we had a great turn out, and meet a lot of great people. this year i hope to have as good a time as i had last year. its looking like december 6th would be a good day for it. and north conway was definately a great meeting spot. pm me if you want to go and tell all your friends, ck5 members or not.

hope to see you all there

jeff furlong
    milspecjimmy

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

is this for food and drinks or a 4x4 run both could be fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Where is North Conway? How far of a drive would it be from Chicopee, Ma?

4. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

sounds like fun, let me know if you need anything, from food to drink /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Too far for me. Between gas and tolls I'd go broke. Maybe if there is one a little further south..like Jersey

6. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

how bout a compromise like conn. or the albany area /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif just a thought?????

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

It's 1 1/2 -2 hours from southern vermont, depending on which way we go....so add an hour for you.....

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Here is a link for a rather nice hotel with a decent nightly rate, for those of you that want to make a weekend out of it. It's about a 20 min. ride to the restaurant that we ate at last time(if that's the same plan)

Carlson's Lodge

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I will have a better idea on whether or not I can attend as the date gets closer. I am hoping to go. Doing some work on the Blazer in the next month so she should be up for the ride. Just really busy with life stuff. I will probably be ready for a weekend jaunt,I start back to college in January. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif so my fun and games will be limited after that. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Haven't heard a peep out of Fright89, Pilgrim and Bob yet...Mudnuri, are you thinking of coming this time? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That date is tentatively taken for me (company X-mas party), but if they decide to change it (they may wait until the 13th) then I will definitely go.

11. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

Im in Il for School (UTI), depending on what day it is i might try to make it if im home /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Looks like the 6th is a no-go for me...my best friend just informed me that is the day for a suprise birthday party for her husband Tony at the local V.F.W.club. He's a very good friend of mine, so there's no way I can miss it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I think that's at least 3 of us that date doesn't seem to work for, any chance of picking another date? Jeez...only Oct.1st and already plans are creeping up. Good thing you posted up with this much notice, huh Milspec? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

13. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

where exactly is it?i am in northeast pa.can you give me the nearest city to see what kind of drive i would be dealing with?

14. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I checked on mapquest for you, here is the link...
    map and directions
    Not too bad...about 7 hours or so. You should really try to go, we had a really nice time last year. If the date should be changed to the 13th would that work for you?(I'm pulling for the 13th as the 6th is impossible for me /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif) Shoot me a pm if you want more info.

15. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

looks like a too big a drive for me.if you guys want to change it to somewhere more south then i am definitely in.

16. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

Im in

Any weekend is ok for me

17. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

What kind of trails do you have in mind. Any place in particular?

18. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Ok, since Milspecjimmy seems to have fallen off the face of the planet... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    I am taking upon myself(not having ever been known for being the shy type) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    and will put up a post as to which date folks prefer. Seems after recieving a few p.m.s on the matter there seems to be a toss-up. Here goes:

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Seems after recieving a few p.m.s on the matter there seems to be a toss-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So PMS causes confusion too? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Both dates should be good for me. I'm fortunate enough to have all my weekends off /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif If I can get the "new" Blazer together in time I'd love to make a weekend out of it. Anyone know where I can get some big, cheap tires? That's about all I should need other than to finish my body work and maybe weld the 14 bolt? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'll check as often as I can to see what's happening.