Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

North End Lake Pleasant Video

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by m1ndless, Mar 17, 2007.

1. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

2. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

looks like fun! How do you get to where you were? looks like a neat spot.

3. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

All you do is take the I/17 to Table Mesa Road, turn left, go over the I/17, turn on to the frontage road right there, take it gown, and you will get to a spilt about 5 minutes in, one way says GPAP or something, and the other way (LEFT) says like sunlight gold mining or something, take that road all the way down and you will go over a cattle guard and there will be signs and stuff saying entering lake pleasnt park blah blah blah, stay on that road, and abut anohter mile down the road you will come to the river bed, take a left, go over the huge river rocks SLOWLY, they suck, and keep going down til you get to the lake,maybe .5 miles down, you will see the spot, its a little stream thing that goes pretty far up. We actually sat in the back of my friends f-150 and fished right there, the water is about 2 ft deep in the middle, so stay to the sides of the actual lake, lots of bass jumping around right there.

Anyways, REALLY fun romping spot, just remember to take a LEFT at that split in the road, towards the gold mining place. From the 17 you will hit that split within a few minutes, but from there its like 10-15 minutes to the actual lake depending on how fast you go, really bumpy road so heads up, and have fun!

4. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

tailgate fishin' sounds awesome ! thx for the directions,hopefully head out there 2moro.

5. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

Yeah, why use a boat when you can sit in your truck? We rolled down the windows, put some music on, and caught some big ass fish. There were ALOT in the shallow water. Not sure why, I havent fished in years and dont know much about it.

6. bigdave1050

bigdave1050 1/2 ton status

:waytogo: Looks like you were having some fun. I'll have to check that place out.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Years ago I drove into Saguaro Lake for a photo op , when I was stupid , but I doubt I would pull that now .

We do have to cross the river sometimes , but that unavoidable , and only for a short time .

Now , Its all about keeping the wheeling spots open .

8. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Know the area well..down that way 2 or 3 times a year. If you continue to the end and the water is down there is a small climb up out of the area that gets flooded by the lake overflow and it will take you around the back side of the lake and link up with the road the rings the northern reaches of the lake. Plenty to see along the way but some of it i will not mention....

DW

9. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

So head north, away from the lake? Follow the lake run off? What is there to see?