Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

North Korea... time to go Reagan on their ass.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Oct 17, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

When foriegn policy questions come up, I often find myself asking "What would RR do?" Its a useful excersize IMO. Other than terrorism (had bigger fish to fry IMO) RR tended to be spot-on when it came to international cold-war type issues. At any rate, what would RR do about North Korea?

Considering the moves to install more medium/short range, nuclear tipped missiles into Western Europe... it seems that he'd most likely move to put US nuke weapons in South Korea... or blantantly close (aka let everyone else know that we have Ohios nearby...).

If that didn't work, it'd be time to twist China's arm. This could pretty easily be achieved by convincing Japan to ammend its own Constitution and convert their "defense force" into a real armed forces, capable of offensive action. Once we perfect out missile shield technology, we could base some of those in Japan too, if China gives us to much poop. China has long feared a re-born Japanese military power (and with good reason!). They would rather toss North Korea under the bus than deal with that... I guarentee it.

RR managed to win the cold war in Europe, without firing a shot... and he did it by a massive display of strength. There wasn't a single general in the USSR who thought their big waves of tanks were going to be able to assault through a barage of nuclear missiles. They tried to keep up by building more toys and eventually their piss-poor economic model collapsed. We can/should do the same thing with North Korea. Those little sabre-rattling, dog-eating, pot-bellied bastards have been in power in North Korea long enough. Its time to quit sitting around wringing our hands in worry... when we should do doing what Reagan did.

j

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Spot on!

[​IMG]

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I'm sure there is at least one Ohio class cruising around Korea at any given moment, and that there is about the biggest can of whoop ass one could open.
    There has been a lot of talk lately about getting Japan to amend their constitution to switch to an offensive force, but I wonder if the people of Japan would go for such a thing. They just might not have the stomach for it since they have had a defensive force for so long and We did pretty much reeducate them after the big one as to how they would change their ways.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeppers. There is hope though... Kazumi (sp?) wants to change it. He's on his way out, but still... there are some.

BTW, cool factoid: the Japanese "Defense Force" has over 800 main battle tanks... and hardly any good tank-warfare land on their islands... ;)

j