Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

northeast 88 k5 - $2200 cheap!

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by stizkidz, Mar 7, 2006.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Finally deciding to sell my truck:

1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4x4

-125k miles
    -silverado package
    -removable hardtop
    -stock healthy running tbi 350 engine
    -4" lift springs front with new poly bushings, 4" lift blocks + 1" add a leaf rear
    -transplanted sm465 4 speed manual (originally a 700r4 auto)
    -transplanted np205 transfer case (originally an aluminum np208)
    -transplanted 3/4 ton axles, 14 bolt full floating rear axle/10 bolt front axle with 8 lug hubs
    -custom made rear driveshaft (no vibration issues)
    -rear disc brake conversion
    -4.10 axle ratios (originally 3.08)
    -rear hitch installed
    -cd player installed in dash

new parts include:
    -flywheel, clutch, all clutch components
    -transfer case very recently had seals replaced by a tranny shop
    -long travel shocks
    -all fluids kept topped off, oil changed regularly
    -engine tuned up: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, fuel system cleaned
    -wheel bearings for the axles
    -brake pads and rotors
    -front axle rebuilt with new ball joints
    -all steering components replaced new

issues:
    -the interior of this truck is really in poor condition due to taking it mudding
    -most of the interior has been removed or destroyed by mud, all of the carpet is gone
    -seats are in tact and have no rips but are dirty from mud (can be cleaned)
    -a/c doesnt work (should be removed anyway)
    -dash is cracked badly
    -exterior paint is scratched all over from driving on trails in addition to a 17 year old peeling/faded paint job
    -body has some rot but could be alot worse, nothing major in my opinion and body filler has been used
    -the exhaust is simple right now with a single flowmaster muffler on an otherwise stock system but a proper dual exhaust really should be constructed to make this truck complete
    -stock 3/4 ton wheels/tires to sell it so cheap

i bought this truck bone stock and built it up with everything mentioned above. including the price of the truck i have nearly $9000 invested into this. i have saved almost all of the receipts for all parts/work done to this truck, which can be provided upon request. i have had some amazingly fun times off roading this truck and it has treated me very well. it has never broken down on me and i have never broken anything major taking it off-road. i only got it stuck once but it was in a mud hole that i never should have attempted in the first place. this truck was built for the SOLE PURPOSE of driving it off road: on trails and in the mud! however, this truck should do nicely if you choose to use it for climbing/crawling. the combination of "low" gear, 4lo, and the 4.10 axle ratio makes for a very nice pulling/crawl ratio. i am not selling this truck with the intentions of it being used as a daily driver. the only pavement it should see is driving to and from trails. although, it does have a valid inspection sticker untill february of 2007.

just dropped the price to $2200 firm! SACRIFICE!!!! also accepting trade offers. i am located in south jersey just outside atlantic city. please shoot me an e-mail if interested: jerseyben@gmail.com

pics:
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18564

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  2. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Taking trades and offers at this point!

3. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

$2200 firm - I just dropped the price but am selling it as "needs tires". This is a steal on this truck. The truck alone in bone stock condition cost me this much only 2 years ago! Since then I have put $6000 into it. Someone jump on this offer...