Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

northen wisconsin pipe line trail????

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by mattcarlson, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mattcarlson

mattcarlson Newbie

ok so im not sure how many ppl here are from the very north central region like ashland, hayward, rice lake, bayfeild, or washburn area??? but i have hunted alot of area north of hwy 2 and as i look at that area, there could be some nice trails along the pipe line up there and just in general though the chequamegon national forest area...because the area i used to hunt was national forest area and honestly as soon as i get my '81 jimmy going again, i want to go make a pass through the road where i hunted... i mean, they put berms up to stop ppl from goign back there... and yes, i am goign to talk to the DRN before i do anything but i was hoping theres some ppl that live in somewhat of the genral area hat would willing to help me out with making some of that land usable to offroaders that are resopnsable... and maybe some day actually make a trail systems out of it cause its a great area between the hills. tight areas with trees and just the pure beauty of the area maybe we could convince them into making it into a actually nationaly known trail system... and get ppl into our area wheeling cuase i know northern wisconsin has so many great possibilities in having trails... i used to live up there for 12 years and i have gone 4-wheeling almost every mile north of hwy 2 and you could make so many year round trails up there... just think wheeling in 4 feet plus of snow... along the trails being the first one to bust through that snow drift!!!!! or the first one to make it up that huge hill!!!! but if anyone is intrested in goign and talking to the right ppl about this stuff please e- mail me at schnappsboy@hotmail.com ya i know not a good e-mail to use when vehicals are involved... but i woudl really love to hear some input cuase i would like to get some trails that just wow ppl and also help promote the wohva (http://www.wohva.com/index.html) and make wisconsin know for trails that are beautiful yet challenging and that test your abilities..... i know that there is more then enough area up tehre to make hundreds of miles of trail, yet still only use maybe a 16th of the national forest land... but the main thing im looking for is people who acutly care to preserve and help make the land better, and who are also willing to make the trip to do a monthly clean up of the trails and just the area in general.... so like i said if your intrested and im looking for only serious inquieres only please!!!!!!

so please help out a wisconsin wheeler... im new to wheeling, but i have the ambition of a vetran to keep our trails open and to keep the idiots from closing our trails... and anyone who has experience in setting trails up, i would love to hear from you, or if your willing use yoru help in setting up trails if we can get this going... which i hope that enough ppl who have been to that are and wheel are willing to help... the more the merrier!!!!!

2. mattcarlson

mattcarlson Newbie

ok nobody has ever seen me post... main reason is im a young guy 23 im strugling to even make a living.... but i have my 81 gmc jimmy and with in 5 years you will see it on the cover of some mag... haha i hope, wait i think thats everyguys dreams.... but i more just want to get something goign in wisconsin to get big name companys looking at our area and my ultimate dream for the trails is to get petersons 4 wheel and off road to bring the ultlimate adventure to wisconsin... cuase we have the are to wheel we may not have to mt.s or rocks but we got the trees and rocks and if ya go far enough north we have the clay to make anybody day a living hell!!!!!!!