Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Northern California CK5ers, lend me your ears

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, Jan 21, 2005.

1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I'm looking for good mud competitions up around northern cali... also looking for some good trails that a k5 with a 6" and 35's can handle without body damage.

Anybody been to any good bogs?

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

northern cali. is a pretty damn big place bro, anywhere in particular?

3. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I belive there is a mud bog race track at Prairie City near Sac. Al least there was when I lived in Stockton about 5 years ago.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

What part of Northern Cali? I'm in Modesto and wouldn't mind finding some spots a little closer to home myself....

5. hidesertwheelin

Rjfguitar,

have tou tried Carnige out behind Tracy? it used to get pretty narly out there in the mud. Just have to watch out for dirt bikes, there's a S**t load of them. Take 132 west, then the 580 to Corroll Hallow Rd. Go west, it's about 5-10 miles west I think.

6. rjfguitar

Never even heard of it.....anything besides mud?

7. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

ok, carnagie has a little crawling course, two mud pits primarily and some river beds to drive through. if you have a quad or dirt bike its great fun to head up into the hills, but no truck up there. oh and they're best known for the mhill climb competitions.

le grange east of modesto is good fun with moderate off-roading. it has a small pond like area to run through w/ 44's and several mud pits w/ loads of ruts right now. they have loads of short hill climbs for trucks and again, lots of fun for quads and dirt bikes.

there a place west of patterson that has all kinds of great mud holes and loads of trails. dirts bikes quads and trucks runs.

holister is about one of the best here in norcal though. rocks, mud, river beds.

for a short trail, ride try strawberry east of stockton, only one kinda rough spot for 33's and a good day ride.

up north of sac there's all kinds of cool river bed runs, by collusa, orville, chico, and i'm sure there is way more than this.

rumor has it that they're even planning an off-road park in waterford, w/ flat oval tracks, mud bogs, rock crawls, and more.

hope this helps
    late

8. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Im up by shasta lake. Ever heard of Redding? By chico.

Theres some ohv trails out by shasta but its straight up shale rock and your tires will be shredded after one day of mobbin. Doesn't even get hard until you get half way and thats just because of loose rocks. My bro backed up the "double diamond" trail (hardest trail) in 2by with his 4 door 91 s10 jimmy. My rig would do most that **** in front wheel drive.

I know theres a s**tload of trails around here but i really want to hit good mud bog competition. I know a 6" and 35's aint exactly a mud boggin rig but I just got a roudy motor dropped into her and want to fling some **** and win some money. Is there different classes for tire sizes?

Where are the big comps in cali?

i'll probably end up joinin redding offroaders... but it won't be for a while.

Where is this park with rocks,mud, flat track, etc, gonna be?

9. rjfguitar

I will have to look into that, we have a cabin at Cow Creek, just 3 miles further up 108.

10. rjfguitar

I'm running 35's....bring it on! :pimp: You'll beat me though...I'm only running a stock 305.... :whistle:

And yes, I've heard of Redding. I have even been there. :)

11. hidesertwheelin

There is also Bear Trap Basin. it's off Hwy 4 and Bear Valley Rd. There is a cabin up there thats cool, but was locked last time I was up there. If you keep going up hwy 4, you will run into Deer Valley Trail. This runs between Hwy 4 & the Blue Lakes area. If is a tight fit thought. my friends dad smashed the entire passanger side of his stock Bronco there. There are some water crossing there also.

12. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Lets do this... I've been looking for a rig that can get through the same crap i mob without having me yank him out.

I have a 355 making about 385 hp and 421 ft lbs with over 385 ft lbs from 2000-5000 rpms. Mud is all about hp and tire size tho a built 305 will hang with the 350's 383's and 454's. If i took all the performance parts from my motor and put em on a 305 it would make 25 less hp and would do it at higher rpms with about 45 ft lbs. less torque.

Where u at rjfguitar?

13. rjfguitar

:haha: :laugh: ......check my profile. :D

Modesto...

14. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Nice rig

thought you said you got a 305.:doah:

15. rjfguitar

Just messing with you.... :)

16. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

at the time, I'm completely stock, but I hope to be running a hotter 350 and 33's very soon.

I even know where Redding is! It's about a 5 hour drive from my house. Wouldn't mind coming down for some wheeling if there are any big events down there.