Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

northern va ppl?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by muddybuddy, Sep 8, 2005.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

checking to see how many ppl are on here in northern virginia. maybe we could have a get together and do some wheelin somewhere sometime (i know there aint much in va haha). post up if u're from around.

2. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

hey muddy ,

i live in the leesburg area. i am always interested in a run here and there when i can fit it in my schedule. there is not many trails around here i know of that are legal. the closest to me is george washington , but they are closing most of that down. let me know if you and any others want to get together. i still need to get my 3/4 ton running gear in my blazer. maybe an axle party ;)

3. muddybuddy

scrappy,

im doin my 3/4ton swap real soon as well, jus gettin all the parts together. i went out to rt 606, but dullas yesterday. that place is pretty sweet. it does say no trespassing, but we saw 5 atvs and a couple dirt bikes as well. theres a pretty big mud pond that was pretty good, and it will only get better once some rain hits it.

im in fairfax if you didnt see that. how soon will ur 3/4ton swap be done? i found a place in MD that will install my gears and detroit into the 14b for $200, so im hoping to get that done asap. i still need the rims and 8lug for the front tho.

4. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i have all my parts except i need to rebuild the 14bff. and i need the u bolts.
    i finally got my s15 back on the road, so i should be starting soon since i was using my blazer as a d/d . so hopefully i should be starting in october.

5. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Well, im not NOVA, but originally fomr Silver Spring MD. Thats where the beast is now. Im working on it at the parents place. I go to school in Frostburg and do a bunch of wheelin up here. Id love to know some places to go around the metro area when Im back there though. I know of a place near Leonardtown MD, but thats a bit out of the way for you guys.

6. muddybuddy

well i went out to rt. 606 by dullas airport, its sweet. technically its not "legal" as we drove past a "no trespassing" sign, but its nothing but wooded trails with bout 5 mud pits in the middle of nowhere. they just recently started bringing backhoes and such back there to clear it for more damn houses. it also has a pond thats has mud thats about 1.5 feet deep and spands for about 100feet. it was so much fun. i ended up gettin the whole truck brown within 5minutes of gettin in the pond, and of course i had my windows down and the top off so the interior got all muddy too. thank god its herculined, i was able to scrub and remove all the mud from the inside in about an hour.

well looks like my axles are gettin regeared on oct 1st, so ill have them in oct 2nd :D

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I'm originally from NoVA (Centreville). I come home once or twice a year.... I'm not too familiar with trails (or places to 'wheel) anywhere 'local' to that area, but if ya'll wanna get something together whenever I head up, I think I can drag the 'crawler up there with me.

I've also got 'friends' from other 'boards up there, so we might be able to get something sizeable.

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Ditto on what big94gmc said. I'm stationed in Kansas, but my family is in Manassas. My next trip home won't be for another few months though, and the K5 surely isn't going (bad gas mileage and no cruise control) :(. But if I'm home and y'all are planning anything I'll definately have to meet up with y'all.

9. muddybuddy

awesome, glad to at least some people live in other places besides colorado, texas or cali. hopefully we can get something together at least in the spring, if not before that.

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Well, we need to pole and see when folks are going to be coming back, and when the locals have free time. I'll be back home around the Christmas holiday, and if I have a reason to, I'll be bringing the 'crawler on the back of the tow rig.

Is there a.) enough interest around that time period to get a group together, and b.) a decent place to go somewhere 'close-by'?

11. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Im down for a run in the winter time. Dont have a place in mind yet, though I could probably find a spot by then. Just gotta 'finish' the build up, like that ever happens...

12. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

hey everybody, I'm in Arlington. I have a place up near Franklin WV with lots of old logging roads and such. Private land but I am an owner so access is no problem. Very steep/rocky/nasty. Maybe we can put a trip together in the spring when you guys have your rigs back together. I sold my 72 when I moved from Texas but I am always looking for another one :)
    Ernest

13. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Which Franklin? Pendelton County? That isn't too far from here. I woulod be up for a spring trip if there is some good stuff.

14. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

yep, pendleton county. there is some rough stuff up there, also some milder stuff too. it's all behind locked gates so it gets little traffic, so there are deadfalls and stuff. chainsaw mandatory, and a winch is good idea too. I started out on a buggy project last weekend by buying a 1969 bronco :eek1: , which i intend to bowtie-ify over the winter, but it may not be done by the spring :) ... :haha:

15. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Thats great. Im glad theres another place out here. Im in Alegany County MD (Frostburg) right now. Its a little far, but I can always go check on it if you want me to :wink1: .

Let me know when youre out this way, hopefully the Blazer will be ready for some action by then.

16. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

where is that axle shop

who is your axle guy in MD? I need to have a D44 worked for my project.

ernest

17. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

I am in Va Beach.Would love to get a East Coast thing together!I am also doin' my axles.Probably put in my 14bff rear in next week or the week after.Still lookin' for a front.

18. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

not to steal the thread but where did you get your 14b i live in newport news and within the next 6 months or so i wanna possibly start swapping 1 ton and a lift in, also if there is anything in the hampton roads area going on id be game too

19. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

So, what's the deal with something organized in the NoVa (or close, surrounding area) in the way of a 'ride around the Christmas holiday??? Anyone, anywhere??

20. muddybuddy

well looks like ill only have 2wd, still going to need new front shaft :( but hopefully ill have my new tires. if we can get something goin, ill wheel 2wd (detroit)