Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nose high after lift installation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, May 26, 2000.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I just finished the installation of Tuff Country's 2" EZ-Ride front springs and 2" rear blocks on my 78 Blazer. My problem is that my truck now sits 2 3/4" higher in the front than the rear. The rear springs are fairly recent stock replacements (unknown brand) with 2" blocks (Tuff Country). I am not suprised to see the front sit slightly higher, but 2 3/4" seems like a lot. The truck sat level before the lift. Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions?

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

the springs take a bit to settle. i'm not sure if they'll settle that much, though. somebod

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

If you stand back far enough, is 2.75 inches really that noticable?

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

When I bought my Tuff Cnty EZ 3" lift with all 4 springs, when I told them it was a 78 Blazer, they said, "Oh, we'll send you 3" front springs and 4" rears". It seemed they knew about the Blazer saggy butt, I think they should have sent you 3" rear blocks.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Almost all lift kits with blocks do this. I would junk the blocks and do a shackle flip in the rear. If you do the shackle flip, It is going to yield close to 4" of lift. I have heard most 2" lift springs from the reputable companies are more than 2" installed. Let me know how much total lift you received in the front and we can determine if the shackle flip will level it out or not. The culprit is sagging rear springs. Even if you bought replacement springs, they may be cheaply made and are already sagging. Most Blazers sag in the rear because of the heavy top.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The main problem is that almost all spring packs/lift kits are made to the weight specs for a pick-up!! As you may know the K5 's butt is heavier and that is never taken into consideration by most sales people! since you have completed your lift and now have the sag here are my two thins i would do to fix it:
    1) save your money and buy a set of spring packs to replace the blocks/stock springs. I have 4" infront and 5 1/2 " in back and I set level!!
    2) for a quick fix you can buy some overload springs and that should level you out.Caution I smell "Wheel Hop". If you love thrashin in the dirt and climbing hills blocks and helper springs = Wheel Hop!
    Best of luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

7. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately I don't know how much lift I actually got with the new front springs. I was replacing some junk 2" springs with the Tuff Country springs and did not think to measure before the installation.

It looks like my options are a shackle flip or new rear springs. Since I don't know how much lift I got with the front springs, can I determine how much lift I will need for the rear?

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ummm, I would guess 4" may be a bit high and you might get the stink bug effect, I would call National Spring in souther Cal they can make any cutome spring pack and they know there stuff. They will ask you to weigh your rig so don't know if you have that available or not.
    I know if you go with a better Stock spring then that might level it out with the use of the blocks. 2" blocks ain't that bad but I would never recomend any block bigger than that just cuz I had some serious wheel hop that evetualy caused mt 12bolt to twist and split the housing![​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I took careful measurements before I did the lift on my Blazer. 2.5 inch Superlift springs on the front and ORD heavy duty shackles which yeild .25 inches of lift totalled about 4 1/8 inches of actual lift. I figured it would lift it more than 2.75 inches. So instead of bothering with the 2 inch block kit they sent for the rear, I have already ordered a 4 inch shackle flip from ORD for the rear. Even if the front springs settle, its still going to look good. It should be almost completely level...if I ever get it finished.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad