Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not a Blazer, but an Audio ? ...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jarheadk5, Aug 20, 2000.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have for sale, or know of, a factory CD changer for a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse? It has the premium sound package with built-in changer controls, just no changer. I'd need the correct wiring, too. Thanks, all!!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

in my experience most stock cd changers are acutally the same exact ones you can buy retail. pioneer, alpine, sony, etc. Just find out from the dealer what kind came stock and go buy it a best buy. save a couple a hundred $$$. besides power wires the only wire is a cable that runs from the changer to the back of the deck, comes with the changer. hope this helps.

3. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Actually to be controlled by the stock head unit it would have to have a wiring harness made for the car as well. Fortunately for you crutchfield carries some of these harnesses and will let you use an aftermarket CD changer which is much cheaper than buying a factory one.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the tips, but Crutchfield doesn't carry the adaptor for the Eclipse. They were the first ones I checked. I was hoping that one of the pro installers on this site would have one, or know of one.

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

hI will check at the shop in the morning, I think I might have a pioneer that will work with that radio. As far as I know, A Pioneer changer will work, but it has to be a certain model. I dont remember off the top of my head. I will check back tomorrow.

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I appreciate it!