Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

not a blazer but good gawd! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, Mar 23, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

disconnected my 84's-10 blazer 2.8l's spark plugs but forgot to remember where they went? Can anyone help me. I'm mentally challenged with this type of thing so dumb it down as much as possible please. Sequence needed from cap and cylinders. Thanks so much.
    juan /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

well im not real great with 2.8's if it was 4.3 i could
    but what i have learned from ck5 and experience go to auto zone, oreilys or what ever part store yo have, and get a manual on the vehicle you have, lol im dumb too and i have one for every vehicle i have ever owned, lol /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    disconnected my 84's-10 blazer 2.8l's spark plugs but forgot to remember where they went? Can anyone help me. I'm mentally challenged with this type of thing so dumb it down as much as possible please. Sequence needed from cap and cylinders. Thanks so much.
    juan /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Scrape the crud off the intake infront of the carb/throttle body. GM usualy cast that into the intake.

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

well there is always the last resort method. you can put all the plugs in with no wires, the pick a wire plug it into the distributer on what you think could be # 1. the plug the other end of the wire onto #1 spark plug(the one closest to the fron of the vehicle) crank and see if it fires, if it does use some masking tape and a pen to mark it as #1. if it dosnt fire move the wire to #2 and crank. repeat the process till you figure them all out. once you think you have them all in the right spot pull each wire off one at a time with the motor running(use the insulated pliars) and see if the idel slows down at all.if it dosnt then you are all set. if not then you have 2 or more mixed up.

i hope that made sence. and sorry about the level i dumbed it down to, dont mean to insult you, just trying to explan it as non-complicated as possible.

BTW when are we going surfing?

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

6. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here are the cylinder locations on your motor.

Back
    -------
    |5***6|
    |3***4|
    |1***2|
    -------
    front

The firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6

Here is your dist. cap-

****3*4***
    ***2***5**
    ****1*6***

The #1 is the one closest to cylinder #5. I made the diagram to look like you were looking at it from the front of the truck. The little stars are just placeholders so that the diagrams look right.

Hope this helps!