Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not a Blazer but need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pugsley, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know how to change a tail light bulb on an 89 Caprice Classic? My Mom's got a blown bulb, and I can't figure out how to get the thing open - Any ideas anyone??

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

2. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Jeff, I don't know that car at all but GM likes to make them so that the bulb comes out from the back side. Twist and pull.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That was what I figured - Except I'm looking at a wall of steel, and two nuts - I pulled the nuts and it won't budge. I looked at the owner's manual and it tells me nothing, except what bulb I need. Thanks anyhow!!

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Jeff, I'm not sure if I read it in one of your posts or on your home page but you said you were going to offer some fabricated parts soon. What did you have in mind? Maybe you could show pictures to Sean when you come down to Tucson tomarrow.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've been planning on building some suspension parts, and pre runner type accessories. Don't have any pics yet, but I'll post them once their done. BTW - I figured out the taillight - I needed the standard tool for such endeavors: A bigger hammer[​IMG]

Generic Signature

6. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

If you hit the tail light hard enough you can use it for a head light.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sometimes taillights now are the grab and pull style. You grab the proper corner, pull them, they come off, you replace the bulb, and snap them back in.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles