Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not a fun post....Where do you have a pet put to sleep at???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Oct 3, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm running outta options here as far as medicating one of my sick shop cats and if he doesn't get better in about 2 weeks,I'm gonna have to put him down, so where do you take an animal to have them put down??? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

veternarians <sp> office will do it, i think its 80 bucks or so here...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Vet.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

We took a couple rabbits to the animal shelter once... Don't know what it cost or anything... my family has the worst luck with rabbits in history /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I took my dog to the vet to have her put down. I forget how much it costed tho. I think a shelter will do it for much less than a vet will. Sorry to hear about your kitty. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Vet's office will do it, but it's not cheap. If you have the stomach for it, you might consider *gulp* poisoning the cat yourself, just choose something that will let her go to sleep and not wake up so there's no pain. I can't offer any advice on what to use though... It seems that you have a good peice of land, so at least that way you can give her a decent burial, unlike what the vet usually does which is send them off to the incinerator in a plastic bag full of a dozen other pets. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not too dignified...

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dood... PLEASE tell me its not Rafter. If you want, I know a lady that may be able to help. She will be at the Party tomorrow (if your gonna show? starts at 3pm)

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

The vet just uses an overdose of barbituates to put an animal to sleep. It's called Pentobarbital. Phenobarbital is a medication for seizures, if you could find some of that it would probably do it, but would take a rather large dose. I would just go to the vet. It's never fun to put an animal to sleep /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

havent we learned anything from the chinese justice system? 9mm to the back of the head. quick, cheap, and painless.

j

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

jek, but chinese dont bury dead cats... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah, it's Rafter, he's seriously ill, he has the poopies and now he can't control himself and everytime he gets up from wherever he was sitting in the shop he leaves a lil dollop of poo on the floor, kinda funny at first but he's gonna need to start cleaning himself and getting better or he's gonna have to be put down... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I'll try to show up for some free beer,I mean wish your wife a happy B day today if I can.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Vet's office will do it, but it's not cheap. If you have the stomach for it, you might consider *gulp* poisoning the cat yourself, just choose something that will let her go to sleep and not wake up so there's no pain. I can't offer any advice on what to use though... It seems that you have a good peice of land, so at least that way you can give her a decent burial, unlike what the vet usually does which is send them off to the incinerator in a plastic bag full of a dozen other pets. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not too dignified...

[/ QUOTE ]

They only do that if you don't ask for the body back. When I had my dog put to sleep, I was in the room with her and after she was "asleep" they carried her out to my car and I brought her home and buried her in my backyard /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Dig hole.. put critter in hole... pop said critter in the back of head with .22... fill in hole.

14. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

The vet. is the best bet for the animal... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sux /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Ican't belive some of these clowns replies /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

daamn dood... that sux in the worst way. Rafter kicks ass. Maybe the Vet can help him out, get him healthy again... Cats are amazing creatures, he may just snap out of it. remember, a cat is more likely to suffer a life threatening injury when falling/dropped from less than 6 feet than if dropped from 20. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif In Rafters case, a 30 foot fall from the top of the shop.

16. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In Rafters case, a 30 foot fall from the top of the shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why his name is Rafter? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif And I don't see why pooping all over the place is cause to put an animal down...if so we should have had our dog put to sleep 10 years ago.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    jek, but chinese dont bury dead cats... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, that'd be a waste of food. lol!

j

18. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

vet's office usually the best place

only cost around $30 bucks here

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

When I was a kid, any animal we had (horse, dog, cat) that came up sick, or in the case of the horses, lame, would get a .22 behind the ear if they didn't recover. It is a very humane way to put an animal down. Don't know how sanitary that would be w/ a cat, but the cat wouldn't feel a thing.

John

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with a few of the others. A bullet to the back of the head is definitely the way to go.

A round of .22 costs like $.03. I can't imagine paying a vet to do the same thing.