Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not a typical vibration question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fireplug, May 11, 2006.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

At least I don't think so...

Since I bought the Blazer in November, I've driven it with the loosey goosey steering, dealing with a little wander and a clunking under hard steering was no big deal.

A couple of weeks ago a buddy of mine noticed a gap between the steering arm and (I think) the drag link and 'fixed' it with a washer. The clunking was fixed but immediately afterwards I noticed a vibration when cruising the highway. I didn't really care because I knew it would be a temporary fix.

Shortly after, I got the balljoints and alignment done they removed the washer and I think replaced a tie rod end that was stripped. Anyway, even after the front end was professionally done, the vibration remained.

Sooooo any ideas? It isn't that bad, but obviously a sign of something wrong, so I'd like to track it down and get things right.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Balance the tires?

3. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

While I can't count it out, the tires were on my previous truck and they wre fine. It seems weird that the tires would go out of balance within so few miles. If I don't come up with any other thoughts that will be the first thing I try.

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Did you put the tires in the same spot they were on the old truck? If one of your front ones was on the rear on the other truck you probably didn't notice any vibrations if it was out of balance a little bit. Now that it's on the front it would be more noticeable.

Rick

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

That's a good point, I'm not certain if I did. Thanks.