Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not Another One

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoReGrEtS, Feb 7, 2006.

1. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I know every one has got to be sick of hearing this but isnt that what this site is for. I thinkig Im going to be ordering a rough country 4" kit I keep going back and fourth on shakle flip or just springs all around.What do you guys feel would be better? I plan on useing the blazer for a DD/weekend warrior. I would like to run 35s. any tips would be most help full and give me peace of mind so I dont have to redo it again.

Thanks
    Shawn

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I would go with the shackle flips. You keep the smotth ride, plus your flex is better. Your gonna have to trim if your gonna run 35s with a 4". I rub my 35s with a 6". Rough Country is a rough riding spring. Have you thought about Tuff Country? I know you can order kits for just the front end.

Keep us posted, and throw up some pics when its done,

Al

3. barneybasher1010

barneybasher1010 1/2 ton status

I have a 4 inch rough country lift and it rides ok. I run 33's and they still rub the front fendrers at full flex without cutting anything.

4. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

The only thing I would add is to check the condition of your stock springs before you decide which way to go. I had a cracked one, so had to replace them anyways.
    Moreno Valley huh? I went to school in Perris, oh so many years ago.:laugh:

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

That's my advice, too. If the stock springs are still in good shape, go with a flip. If any of the leaves are broken, might as well go with lift springs.
    I ran into the same dilemma and it was going to cost me more money and effort to rebuild my stock springs and do a flip.

Of course, if money is no object, get new stock springs and a flip. :D

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went with the flip and zero rates for 5". I get some rub with 35's, but its not bad and the fenders have "self corrected" a little.

7. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I put 4inch skyjacker soft ride springs years ago and they have always been kinda stiff but I cut with 35's....but I like the way blazers look with nice cut fenders.

8. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the input. has anybody had new leafs built.
    my brother trying to get me to have a set built and go 6in. and if I get any rub go with a glass works front end. I dont want to have to do it twice and Im not lookin to find the cheap way out just the best over all ride/lift combo

thanks again
    Shawn

9. paulwesclan

paulwesclan Newbie

Hey Shawn, this is my first time to use this site, so I'm not quite shur how to use it to my full advantage yet. Anyhow, I'm running 6in front springs and 4in rear springs on my 82 diesel right know and besides the sqeekyness of rough country springs, they have proven to be pretty good for their cheap price. I am also running ranco rs 9000 shocks which probable benifits the suspension as well

10. paulwesclan

paulwesclan Newbie

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

11. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

how is the ride? did you order it that way?what size tire?

12. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

You sould see it now I hate it here way to many people and still piling them in

13. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I had rough country 4 inch springs on my 86, I thought they rode ok because they didn't ride much worse than my stockers, so I thought. Anyways, on my 79 I bought tuff country 4 inch ez ride. I can not express how much better they ride. IMHO I wouldn't think twice about tuff country, I belive there isn't much better out there

14. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

15. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

its a good idea if you want everything perfect. I havent and I wheel hard. I have a 6"skyjacker with zerorates and I need to but its still under there and not broken or fell apart so i havent yet.