Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not doing so Good...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NateInChandler, May 3, 2007.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

hey fellas, just wanted to give ya'all a update on me and my familys situation.. we got the cremains back today and im not doing soo good right now.. ITs wierd knowing that my dad is in that vuase or whatever its called... Im not taking it too well... The jeep i traded the blazer for is turning out to be something i didnt want to happen..
    i knew this guy was getting rid of it for a reason because the engine (258 I6) is slowly taking a dump... he said it was just rebuilt so i had planned on doing the 4.0 head on it for more power but since the oil pressure has started to take a dive and its starting to get a knock to it im gonna hafta pull it out... i really wanted to do the V8 swap anyways, but not this soon... especially when this is gonna be my only mode of transportation for the next few weeks while my sisters car is in for repairs...It really sucks knowing that my dad wont be calling me anymore to ask when ill be home or anything and stuff like that.. My work isnt taking it too well either.. they have blamed me for the shop not being productive and told me that i should have not taken soo much time off (4 days)... I just feel like ive been hit with this bomb and things are getting worse instead of better... its not even a money issue anymore.. i could care less about money and my bills right now.. its just i really really miss my dad.. some may say that im immature for that, but ive lived with him my whole life...
    I dont know what to do fellas... im hurting and angry at the same time and others around me can see that.. the guys at work have been giving me crap for the last few monthes and today i finally blew up and lost it and went off on everyone.. I personally think its wrong for someone to tell me that i shouldnt have taken 4 days off from work prior to my father dying (cause he died on a friday)... but i guess theres some cold blooded people out there... I just dont know what to do.. i just need some time away from everything, Im getting to the point where im neglecting my own vehicles because i dont even wanna work on cars anymore... I used to love working on my own junk, but it seems like ever since i have done it from 8-5 i hate it... I just dont know what to do guys.. anyone ever been in my shoes before and had bad thoughts about whether life is worth living or not???? :(

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The one thing you are going to need to do right off the bat is take care of your needs first . That means doing a good job at work and providing for your family . I understand things are really bad right now , but if you let everything go it will just get worse . You won't want the added stress and depression of finding a new job , or worse yet , a new home .

And you do have the little car to drive if need be .

Hang in there brother , you are the master of your destiny , and I know you have a wonderful life ahead of you . I KNOW you can pull it off man . You Dad would want you to be the best you can be in everything you try . Keep that in your heart wherever you go :deal:

3. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

well, the whole thing about the car kinda sucks, my sister got in a accident (not her fault) a few weeks ago and sometime in the next week or two they want the car in the shop to fix it, which means that one, she will either get a rental car, or two she will use my car... i told her to get the rental car but something about the other persons insurance isnt covering it (which is bs) so she may hafta use my car and ill hafta drive the jeep...not a big deal if it was running ok.. but the more i drive it the worse it gets... I changed the oil and filter today thinking it was just old oil or something and it helped for a little bit till the engine got hot again and it went right back down to about 4 psi of oil pressure hot while idling...when i picked it up it had a solid 30 psi while hot idling, and all that ive done is drive it home from tucson and to work twice and to the monster truck show last weekend... i dont care about driving it with NO oil pressure except i dont want it to blow while im on my way to work in the middle of the 101 or something.. i dont know.. just listed a big add on craigslist so hopefully ill get some stuff sold so i can get this motor swap done as fast as possible... (either that or find a really cheap 258 to replace the one thats in there for now, but the lowest priced one i found was $500 and he didnt know the condition of it)... Thanks for all your help paul.. i really appreciate everyones help right now and i like youguys a lot.. hehe.. nate

4. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Nate, call the shop tomorrow. I wont be there so talk to John. If they try to put you to his voicemail just let them. Tell him you are a friend of mine and I told you to call asking about the 258 that came out of Steve Chambers jeep. Tell him your situation and see if he still has it or not. Ill be in Mexico for a few days so Ill be no help with this but if you need it soon its a good option. Hopefully he still has it. If not, when I get back Ill ask my neighbor cause I think he has one too. Cheap or free from my neighbor, but unknown condition. It was pulled for a V8 swap. The one from Steve is freshly rebuilt but the dude is loaded so he doesnt care about the money. 480 838 7800

If all this falls through, you can drive my ranger for a month if you fix the clutch. Its super reliable.. But Im not the tranny guy.

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Death of a loved one is very difficult, Especially if you were close and had a lot of interaction. Best advice I can give is to realize that a lot of the emotion that you are feeling is because of the grieving you are going through. You have to kind of hesitate on how you react to people in situations because of this. You may fly off the handle just because of your emotional state. So think for a second before you react.

For work to say that you took too much time off is complete crap. My response would be so if somebody else has a loved one pass away 4 days is too much? I took 7 days of work off after mom passed. Total of 13 days after here death I went back to work and it was still a little early maybe. Still feel like it affects me in some situations.

A few weeks ago I was flipping thru my contacts in the cell phone and came across mom. I thought hmm that would be nice to be able to give a call when I wanted. That cell call would probably be really expensive though.

I know what you mean when you are taling about neglecting your own vehicles. I just had to literally make a list of what needed to be done and force myself to do the normal life things. It helps.

doesn't hurt to talk to some people around you and just let them know that if you react a little harsh it may be due to your loss. They should understand.

Ok our time is up. See ya next week.:rolleyes:

Bottom line take care of yourself, family, and responsibilities. The pain may never go completely away but does get more tolerable. Remember the good things.

6. Desert Yeti

Desert Yeti 1/2 ton status

Hang in there man. I lost my dad 12 years ago (I was 26 and he was WAY too young) and you'll never stop missing him, but the pain will recede to a dull throb and then fade into fond memories.

I know Hallmark-syle BS like that doesn't really help though. Just know that something as simple as a common bond of all being truck-guys forms a community of people who really do care.

Take it easy, and take care of yourself.

Keith