Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

not enough lift!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Dec 1, 2000.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I just discovered that my newly installed lift is not enough to allow much flex with 33x12.5x15 BFG MTs on 15x10 Eagle 589s. I have Tuff-Country's 2" EZ-Ride springs in front and 3" EZ-Ride springs in the rear. (It sits almost level this way - still slightly high in the front).

So I am now in the market for a 4" lift. It seems like I could use my 3" rear springs and add 2" blocks or buy 4" springs all around.

If I buy 4" springs all around, it seems like it would probably still need blocks in the rear to even it out.

What would be the best way to go? Does anyone have any recommendations for spring combinations that would not require blocks to level out the truck?

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

You could do a shackle flip in the back(they have two, and four inch lift set ups). And do new springs in the front.Just my $.02

[​IMG]

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i agree with 1hihum in my opinion that would be the best way to do what you want to do. try to avoid useing blocks if you can. good luck

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

4. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Does it really sit lower in the back or does it just look that way because of the shape of the wheel wells? I asked tuff country about this and they think its just an optical illusion. From what Ive heard here it seems real.

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

both right. the rear wheel wells ARE lower than the fronts, measure from the body seam down to the opening and you will see this, but, also, because of our so-many hundred pound hardtops, k5's DO sit lower in the rear from the extra weight. th springs are usually made for pickups, hence the sag in the back.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!