Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not enough time for the Holiday Spirit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 15, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Christmas used to be the highlight of my year (just like alot of other kids).

And as of 4 years ago, I had our house the brightest in the neighborhood...with like 5-6 Santa figurines, a nativity scene complete with two sheep and a cow, 2 reindeer, 3 snowmen, 4 lamposts, and 4-6 candles. Then lights on every eve, every window, the garage, the two trees, all the shrubs, and the garage. Plus the candy canes lining the sidewalk, and my manger constructed with its own floor and roof. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This year, I've been too busy to even realize Christmas is only...what is it, a couple weeks away now? All I've done is plug in an existing string of lights that I never took down from last year.

I'm so far behind on things right now, I dont even have time to get in the holiday spirit. All I have is a driveway full of trucks needing repairs and a basement remodeling project that will never end (I now hate sheetrock) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

Maybe next year will be better and I'll be caught up with stuff. (I say that every year) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif