Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not exactly a Blazer question, but ..

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris_T, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Has anyone made a truck-bed trailer out of a 72 box? Moving to MO next spring and was thinking about loading everything into the Blazer for the drive. I don't have much stuff, but I'll need more room than that. I'll likely have to get the box off of a 2wd and mount it on a leaf-sprung frame. The guy who painted my brothers cars has been bugging me to let him do my Blazer (who says grey primer isn't sexy?), so he'd probably shorten the box for me just for fun. I've got these extra 4" springs, blocks, shocks and 35" BFG's sitting here, so why not? I know it's kinda show-truckish, but I think a matching shortbox on 35's might be handy and oh so attractive in grey primer. Besides, that's two extra tires and axleshafts or a whole rear axle if needs be. It's just in the planning stage, but I was thinking about ball or pintle hook? what's legal? what kind of frame? 73-87? how soft a spring so it doesn't bounce me right off the highway

2. Leinie

Leinie Registered Member

I'd thought about that too, but I decided I didn't want a rust bucket trailer, ( not that my Blazer is a real beauty)
    But I don't want to deprive some 67-72 pickup owner of a good box. They are hard to come by here in the rust belt.

72 K5 CST X 2

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Lotsa longboxes around here, but you have to sell your soul for a good shortbox; I don't think I could do that to those shortbox owners.

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Extra 4" springs and 35's????? I got a better use for those as long as they aren't rancho's

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

They are Ranchos .. and many miles North .. in Canada