Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not for a truck but i have a few questions on a cadillac?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ihatefords, May 8, 2006.

1. ihatefords

ihatefords Registered Member

I just got an 1987 cadillac with the 4.1 liter v-8 for a derby car and i was wondering if anybody has ever done wiring on a fuel injected motor,, ifound the wires to get it to crank but i dont know about anything else. So if anyone knows how to wire them up any information would be great:o

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've done two EFI conversions (TPI & TBI). Go ahead and ask, and I'll see if I can help or not :)

3. ihatefords

On the fuel injection i need to know what color of wires need power and which are ground wires, the computer i have no idea where to start. So any help on distributor, fuel injection, or neccesary wiring is needed.

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I tried to find a pinout for the Caddy 4.1 MPFI, but wasn't successful... Sounds like a neat engine, 30 mpg with a V8!

Orange wires are usually wires that go to battery sources (power all the time), pink wires with black stripes usually go to keyed ignition (power on when in the ON, and CRANK position), and black wires with white strips are typically chassis ground wires (less the 02 sensor ground, which is tan)

5. ihatefords

well thanks for that bit of info. ill try to sort through all the mess of wires. Thanks.