Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not fullsize but need help with 4.3TBI problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Friends 95' S-10 2WD Vortec TBI 4.3 The problem is magically overnight it started running like [censored]. Cranks, fires, but seems to run on only4-5 cylinders. So I've checked everything, fixed a few problems on the way but still hasen't fixed it. New plugs, fuel filter, gas, plug wires, coil, air filter, cap/rotor. I can drive it ok if I drag the brakes and keep on the gas. It runs ok with throttle and a load, but not at a idle. Got spark, got fuel and its smooth on the road. Engine code 32 is coming up, EGR system. Need some input, Thanks Guys!

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Remove EGR valve and clean inspect, test for function (put vacuum on it). If it looks OK, probably is the EGR soleniod which puts vacuum to the EGR. All this is assuming the system is like my 93 7.4L TBI.

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

3. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

EGR could definitely be the culprit.

Were any of the plugs fouled when you pulled them? Symptoms sounds similar to my truck when I had a fouled plug. It would shake at idle and cruise, but as soon as the torque went up (and the current went up), the problem stopped.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>