Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

not getting fule, borken lower shock mount

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by djohnson, Aug 20, 2005.

1. djohnson

djohnson Registered Member

Ok so i'm new to this site and wated to see if this may help answering a couple of questions.
    I recently bought a 89 Blazer (after looking for quite a while) the other day it didn't start. weird it has always started on the first turn of the key after some diognostic work (by myself) i noticed that it was not getting fuel. Looking for the easy fix i replaiced the fuel pump (not fun time), got it all back togeather and still no fuel. called a machanic he said check the fuel pump relay. great no idea where that is even after looking through my chilton manual (wiring diagram is crap) So any advice on where to find that would be apriciated or any ideas on what else to check would be great.
    Ok i'm stupid my fault i didn't look over the suspention well enough one time befour i took it down a trail. The nut on the bolt on the driver side lower shock mount must have been lose, it fell off and the blot moved past one of the sides of the mount and when i was bouncing around it broke the inner side of the mount-- long story short i have a broken suspention mount (the one that is welded to the axle, great) any idas on the best way to repair this would be helpfull. figured i would have to cut one off another truck and weld the good mount on to the axle. if there is a better way to do this or if there is somewhere i can find a new mount please let me know, am also going to build this truck up quite a bit so i dont know if it is just worth beefing up the axle now

any help would be great thanks in advance, need to get this truck back in good form before labor day -- going to the north sand hill for some fun.

David

2. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

Just replaced the fuel filter on my truck cause it was getting hard to start/sluggish. Damn thing was plugged up completely.

Might try that since there only like $5.

Did you check to see if the fuel pump is getting power?

3. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

What fuse?

The fuse block should be labeled and tell you what fuse does what. I would scope out that filter also. There is also fuses for each injector of the TBI system. They're usually rated at about 3 amps, and marked "INJ".

4. djohnson

thanks will replace the filter.
    trying to figure out where i need to check to see if i am getting power

5. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

the fuel pump relay should be on the fire wall. mine is on the passenger side at the top of the fire wall. there cheap, you should replace it if nothing else works

6. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

Well. It would be kinda late to try and check at the fuel pump now. Just use a jumper wire across the relay but MAKE SURE TO JUMP THE RIGHT PINS! so you dont let the smoke out of the wires :wink1:

7. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

First thing, can you hear the pump running when you turn the key? If you can't then look at the relay, fuse or wiring. If it is then look at the filter and lines.

8. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Check and see if you are getting spark too. If you're not, then it could be your ignition module and pick-up coil. Also, check your wires on your MAP sensor. Mine were loose and caused me to not get any fuel on my '88.

Rick

9. djohnson

Thanks for the help The fuel problem is now solved. word of advice pull all the fuses they may not be labled right.
    Parts Replaced
    Fuel Pump
    Fule Pump Relay
    Fule Filter
    Fuse - think that this was the culpret

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

replace filter now, asap,

then drive and see how it does, if it still has issue of hard to start and such then id say fuel pump is about toast, and its a real common thing on these, happens all the time,. would be time for a new pump, no biggie :D

good luck