Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not in the USA?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tall_Girl, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Tall_Girl

Tall_Girl Registered Member

I was just wondering. Who of you are not in the USA? And is you aren't, where are you and how hard is it for you to get parts.

Problem I ran into already (Blazer isn't even here yet) is that I can't find a hitch in this country. Hell, they do not even know what a K5 is.

XXX
    Lana

6'5" tall Dutch girl, just bought a 88 K5, and about to dump the jeep.

2. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Hi, I live in Finland and we have several companies importing cars trucks and stuff from the states. Depending what you want it may take months or a few days to get your parts but there are some importers with parts in stock. And if used parts will do they can be found too.

What kind of hitch are you trying to find?

1981 K20 350/400/208/205 D60fARB & 14bFFDETROIT 4.10 (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!)

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I live in Canada...parts are easy to get. Paying for them sucks though[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

this company is in the netherlands, <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mico.net/autoe.html>http://www.mico.net/autoe.html</a> good luck :)
    oh yeah they carry boat supplies too

"growin old is not for sissies"
    77k5 400/350/np203/stock for now

5. Tall_Girl

I'm just looking for any hitch. I can't find one so far. If I could choose then I would go for the american style. You know, the 2" reciever. That way I can adjust the height to my trailer with a drop-down hitch, without loosing ground clearance. I must admid I found one company here that can supply me such a hitch but they charge me about 500 US dollars for it.

And to eds77k5. How did you find a company overhere when you live in WA?

XXX
    Lana,
    P.S. I love this forum. I can't wait till my own blazer gets here. Maybe this weekend.

6. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

the power of the internet, we are in the information age, you go girl, :)

"growin old is not for sissies"
    77k5 400/350/np203/stock for now

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Maybe you ought to think about having someone over here get it for you, and then ship it to you, it might be a way of saving tons of $$$.....??? just a thought

--Brandy

IF ONLY THE 4 YEAR OLD COULD TURN A WRENCH
    1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear 12 bolt dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305-

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I agree. [​IMG]

Around here in USA, the average cost for a good hitch could run approximately $100.

But I have no idea what shipping or freight charges would be up to Lana, though. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i just took it for granted that everyone was from here (U.S.)
    people should learn to type with accents so i could tell (hehe) dont even know what a dutch accent sounds like, let alone how to type one.

Tork DSR
    "look ma, i can make the dog pee white...."
    aol screen name TorkDSR
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.torkpig.homestead.com>http://www.torkpig.homestead.com</a>

10. Tall_Girl

The Dutch accent is like that of the germans. But I personally have no accent. I speak English every day.

But about the shipping from the US. Who?

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I found a "A-Car" brand hitch in the local warehouse shopping store for $90 a few years back that I use. It tucks up pretty tight and only the reciver hangs below the license plate frame. This is a universal hitch for Chevy trucks. The frame on a chevy truck is a little different and your going to have to add a couple BIG flat washers to get it to sit right with a little hump in the frame on a K5.
    It's a Class three and that will be plenty for your Boat. I don't know if this was a special deal or what but mine came with and adjustable Hight Draw bar, a 2 inch and 1 7/8's ball. I'm trying to find these hitches again for my Wifes 79 and our 70 burb.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

12. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

I'm in Canada...southeast Manitoba actually.....I think buying one here and having it shipped would be cheaper than $500 us....I sell them used for $50.....can ship....It may be cheapest though just to have a competent welder/fabricater make you one....they are not rocket science......could send you pics and dimensions and just get one made.....just my 2 cents.....Canadian...EH!.......ED

13. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Tall_Girl,

yep,you sure are tall,2cm taller than me.
    Anyway,like XtrmChevy,I live in Finland also,and parts are quite easy to get.I don't have K5 yet,but I have found one that I probably buy as soon as I get my present car sold.Though I swap the 350 gasser to 6.2D if I make the deal of that truck.
    I don't even bother talking about K5,nobody knows what it is,so I just talk about Blazer.

XtrmChevy,

in which part of Finland do you live.I live in Lappeenranta.But soon moving to Ylämaa,'cause in the city I can't do a sh*t,and my garage is in there also.

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

14. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Well, I live in the Netherlands as well. But you knew that already. And about the hitch. I will lay one by the 12bolt I'm giving you. When I was seeking a hitch myself, I ended up with 2. But for parts in this country. It is hard, but no way near impossible. Only the prices are sometimes off the scale.

But as you can see, the people here are very very helpfull. Great going guys.
    Lana, I see you this weekend girl!.

Sammy.

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

15. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

I live in Sipoo, Helsinki on one side and Porvoo on the other. I finished my garage last summer so maybe I finish my truck this winter.

1981 K20 350/400/208/205 D60fARB & 14bFFDETROIT 4.10 (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!)

16. Tall_Girl

Man oh man, Sammy. Stop spoiling me! I will pay for it you silly!

XXX
    Lana.
    And I'll call you for the time Saterday ok!