Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not lookin' Good

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Red Chevy Girl, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Red Chevy Girl

Red Chevy Girl 1/2 ton status

Not lookin\' Good

Things aren't looking like I'm going to make it to Frank Raines this month. I have been trying to find the plate that goes from the t-case to the tranny and have had no luck finding any. Second my frame still has some cracks that need to be addressed before wheeling it agian. I honestly was hoping to have my frame swap done but I'm waiting for the title to the other frame before I start beefing up the replacement frame. Unless a miracle happens I don't think I'm going to make it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

Re: Not lookin\' Good

Kristen what plate is it that you need? do you need the adapter? come on give me some more info so i can see if i have one.

jeff /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Red Chevy Girl

I believe its more of a brace than anything else, if i were to put the t-case in 4wd it would really start moving the t-case around it still moves in 2wd but even more so in 4wd. I hope that helps a little I'm not really sure how to describe it nor what it is called

4. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

maybe we can build one or i might have one in my parts pile? let me know what you wana do.

jeff

5. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Is it the small L-shaped one that goes to the frame or a long one that runs back up towards the front of the truck?

If it's the latter one, I can definitely let you borrow one, but I think I would need it back(of course I may not depending on which direction I go).

6. Red Chevy Girl

After talking to a couple of people today it sounds like its part of the adaptor and they think it might be able to be welded up but they didn't have any garanttes about it being welded back together.

7. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I was under my buddies truck last night r&r'ing the tcase. It's got a 208 tcase. ON his there is a long metal piece that bolts to the side of the tcase & runs up & bolts to the engine block. Is this what you need or am I being a dumba$$.

If yours is completely missing & you don't know what goes in there, I could take a pic of it tonight to see if this setyp will work for you.

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Yes that was the only option for those years.
    The one L braket going up was offered on 203, and 205 before 80

9. Red Chevy Girl

If you could take a pic that might help. Thanks

10. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

It's almost impossible to get a shot of that. The exhaust & frame is in the way. I put the ones I took up on webshots. http://community.webshots.com/user/bft46

On this truck(700R4), I think there is another brace that bolts to the tranny on the opposite side as the one on the tcase.

I haven't looked at how it attaches to the block yet(it looks really tight in there), but if you want me to pull the one off my diesel blazer, I will let you use it. You can use it for Raines & then let someone use that as a template to fab you something that will work.