Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Not Quite GM

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jagermiester, Mar 3, 2006.

1. jagermiester

jagermiester 1/2 ton status

Actually not at all gm. So I have decided my 70 GMC is going to me a mild trail rig (beaches, sand mountain,) and cruising. So I have picked up a new trail ride. I had a lot of succes with my last rig using input from people here and then going my own way. But I want to try things a little different this time.

Old rig
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138587

New Rig
    1989 Cherokee Limited
    4 spd Auto

Plans are as follows
    1977 F150 HP44
    lockrite
    crossover/hysteer
    radius arms (super flex joint at the frame mount)
    Either air shocks/coilovers/or coils with shocks

1986 bronco 9" 31 spline
    full spool
    disc brakes
    leaves for now with a revolver shackle

35x12.5x15 MTR's or 36x13.5x15 Iroks
    15x8 beadlock (undecided)

Will be stroking the 4.0 to a 4.6 and getting a manual overide for the tranny (allows me to control which gear and convertor lock up). Will be swapping lower gears into the 242 (it has 2.72 low) then eventually swapping to an atlas.

My biggest question lies in the front suspension. I am going to either run a 3 link or some modified radius arms. But I cant decide between coils, coilovers, or airshocks. So help me out. Please give me your opinions, experience, pro's and con's. Thanks.

2. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

My buddy used a 3- link system with longer radius arms and progressive coils on his bronco. Flexed very nicely and we even jumped it a few times with no problems.